1.    #1  
    I want to get it so bad, but am a student and can't afford $100ish per month price tag for the love of it. I even decided to buy a Pre and move over to T-mobile, but then who wants a powerful web phone like Pre stuck on EDGE. I wish AT&T would pack their 900 min plan with few texts + data package and give for $70 or less, but in my dreams for now I guess. Was just wondering what are you folks paying per month for Pre (and if you have any tips to save $$ on monthly bill with Pre)??
    Why cant you just get Sprint? Would be the easy question..

69.99/month, unlimted everything
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

because att just went up to like 325.00 etf fee lol that's why he won't leave
    ĦṔ-ḶřŘṫ-ŦḯŘη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If he buys it before June 1st he won't be stuck with the $325 ETF.
    I pay $79.10 after taxes for 450 min., 5000 night & weekend min., unlimited m2m, unlimited data, and 200 text messages. This is after taxes with a student discount. You should check if your elegible for discount.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Business Center Portal

here, just go to this site and enter you work or student email and see if you qualify.
    I was paying around $106 on AT&T when I had my Blackjack II (it was $10 more when I had AT&T Nav lol)...switched to sprint to the 69.99 plan, then found out I get a 23% discount through work now I have my little brother, mother for around $135 a month.

So to sum it up...for any smartphone on AT&T you will be paying about $100 a month
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Go to Sprint, it's second to Verizon but first in "Bang For Buck." .. I too am a money pinching student!
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I pay $79.10 after taxes for 450 min., 5000 night & weekend min., unlimited m2m, unlimited data, and 200 text messages. This is after taxes with a student discount. You should check if your elegible for discount.
    Wow! I'm with sprint I'm only paying 59+tax per with unlimited data, unlimited text,unlimited (any) m2m, unlimited n/w starting at 7pm..
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    Dont forget the unlimited mobile to mobile in Sprint.... to any cell phone in the US.... that's a big one.
    I pay

$40 -450 min
    $35 -Unlimited Data +200 Txt
    $5 -Insurance

I don't call or text much at all, but I use the data connection like crazy, and when I get a call I don't have to stop
    IF AT&T behaves like Verizon did, they will lower the Pre Plus price sometime in the summer (maybe around the time of the new iphone?)
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    ..... when I get a call I don't have to stop
    How do 450 mins ever last for you man???

I am not going with Sprint because I want Pre PLUS. If Palm releases C40 or bring Pre + to Sprint, I will consider jumping ship. As such, I really like the ease of swapping sim and although it's not important feature, but being a GSM device is something I appreciate in a phone.
    I also love GSM devices for the same reason of swaping SIM at will and he whole concept behind GSM technology. I feel like I have to pay just to be on th AT&T network!
    Quote Originally Posted by roncgizmo View Post
    Wow! I'm with sprint I'm only paying 59+tax per with unlimited data, unlimited text,unlimited (any) m2m, unlimited n/w starting at 7pm..
    yeah, but after tax I'm probably only $5-$10more than you per month. Sure you get more min. And text, but I don't even use the 450 min. and 200 text I get so more would do me no good. Having gsm and faster 3g where i'm at is worth the extra $5-$10 for me.
  16.    #16  
    .... I don't even use the 450 min....
    Having gsm and faster 3g where i'm at is worth the extra $5-$10 for me.
    Totally agree on having gsm and faster 3g.
    @fernandez21, I wanted to ask how do 450 mins last you whole month?? Do you use m2m a lot??

Also, has any Google Voice app materialized for webOS yet which could let you do the texting and talking over 3G??
    Quote Originally Posted by taylormah View Post
    Totally agree on having gsm and faster 3g.
    @fernandez21, I wanted to ask how do 450 mins last you whole month?? Do you use m2m a lot??

Also, has any Google Voice app materialized for webOS yet which could let you do the texting and talking over 3G??
    yeah, I use mostly m2m, by the end of the month I usually only use between 100-200 of my anytime min. I have over 1500 rollover min. Right now.
    did you check the link to see if you qualify for a discount?
  18.    #18  
    yeah, I use mostly m2m, by the end of the month I usually only use between 100-200 of my anytime min. I have over 1500 rollover min. Right now.
    did you check the link to see if you qualify for a discount?
    Yes I qualify for discount. Thanks for help.
    40 - 400 mins
    50- unlimited data and txt
    5 - insurance
    and a 15% discount, cant say what my final bill is yet, havent gotten it yet