Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I think my Palm Pre plus must be defective, I have looked all over this site and cannot find the solutions to the problems I am having...
    Why wouldn't this phone come with the neccessary drivers to enable a data connection to the computer? I have tried all night to unlock this thing using the nextgenserver unlock. I get to the diagnostic driver (automatic update) and nothing, data collection error. The phone won't go into diag mode, and cannot find diagnostic drivers... Is this because ATT has looked this thing down, or is this phone sold without the beccessary drivers?
    Sorry about the rant, but this is getting ridiculous...
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    I'm not going to be helpful but you should of posted this in the GSM thread.
    if you plug it in to your pc, you should have access to the usb storage are of the phone. What happense when you plug it in?

also, be sure you use the palm branded cable that came with the phone.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    It gives me the new hardware message, tries to install drivers, and fails. I get some generic device arm message, and it prompts me for a disc (which I never received..)
    Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this, I am new. I did look through the newbie section on this also...
    that's probably attempting to install modem drivers. You can skip that.the question is, can you see the usb drive space from your pc?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    yeah, I get the generic USB disk drive. I t says I need to insert a disk....
    just skip and tell it not to ask again. It has something to do with having the novacom drivers installed somehow making windows think you've plugged in a new/different piece of hardware...