Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I want to get rid of this patch, as I fear it is the reason I cannot view my contacts anymore. However, upon attempting to do so, I receive this error.

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH REMOVAL Sat May 22 16:10:15 PDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events/calendar-create-birthday-events.patch

----------------------------------
    Checking md5sums
    Palm md5sum when installed: e5700b82ac968ba28ef3cb3306802828
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.contacts
    md5sum: e5700b82ac968ba28ef3cb3306802828
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 466.
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Removal FAILED!
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-create-birthday-events:
    calendar-create-birthday-events.patch
    md5sums
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    you have 2 options , you can either run webos repair utility with override compatibility checked or or you can run epr,( emergency repair utility ) patch of which can be found in preware . both of these options will get rid of all your patches . then you just start over.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Oh, wonderful! That's awesome. I did not want to doctor my phone =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Fihiro View Post
    Oh, wonderful! That's awesome. I did not want to doctor my phone =D
    if you need any more help just ask !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you have 2 options , you can either run webos repair utility with override compatibility checked or or you can run epr,( emergency repair utility ) patch of which can be found in preware . both of these options will get rid of all your patches . then you just start over.
    I would suggest trying EPR first. It's pretty quick and will remove all patches on your phone.

WebOS Repair Utility works great too, but takes a long while to do it's business...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ummmmmmmm......... Okay, patches removed but I still cannot see my contacts when I pull up the contact app!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fihiro View Post
    Ummmmmmmm......... Okay, patches removed but I still cannot see my contacts when I pull up the contact app!
    do a partial reset is the only thing i can think of right now.and when you sign into your profile after the reset it will restore all your contacts saved in the cloud. how did you lose all your contacts to begin with ? whatever you do right now dont go into the backup app and backup phone right now . it will save your phone the way it is now , with no contacts lol .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have ALL of my contacts. (IE: When I am in my phone app, I can type a name and contacts will come up) However, When I used the contacts app to view them, I face a blank screen.
    try either the soft reset and if not run the webos repair utility . one of these should fix this for you and also the repair utility should find any other glitches you might have.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    What is the webos repair utility named as in preware?

Emergency Reconstruction Utility?
    its not in preware its like webos quick install . just do a search for it . better yet let me get you a link . all you do is download it and put the file in the same folder as webos doctor and then run the utility . it then will ask you what doctor you want to use , and you simply click on the webos doctor you want it to use and it will fix your phone by comparing files on your phone with the files in webos doctor.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    the list-assistant.jsjsjs $I$ $believe$ $had$ $been$ $modified$ $somehow$. $It$'$s$ $fixed$ $now$, $and$ $I$ $can$ $easily$ $see$ $my$ $contacts$. $Thanks$ $again$!
    your welcome ! So webos repair utility fixed this ? Yes ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    For some reason the add birthdays from contacts modifies list-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $doesn$'$t$ $replace$ $it$ $back$ $when$ $you$ $remove$ $the$ $patch$. $I$ $had$ $to$ $use$ $Winscp$ $and$ $replace$ $that$ $file$. $Great$ $concept$ $but$ $haven$'$t$ $reapplied$ $until$ $it$ $can$ $be$ $uninstalled$ $cleanly$.