Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,
    Is homebrew affected by putting my device (Palm Pre) into developer mode? I remember reading something on this site that said that some patches are affected. Thanks in advance.
    it is required to install qickinstall. You will use quickinstall preware. At that point you can do most 'brewing' from preware, which doesn't require dev mode. You should turn dev mode off when you aren't using it. Apparently its more secure and stable to turn it off when it isn't needed...
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thanks Cantaffordit, its just that I want to test apps that I develop on my Pre and I didn't want it to mess up homebrew
    I believe the Palm Development Center offers an Emulator with their Software Development Kit (SDK) that you can use to test apps instead of having to load them on a device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it is required to install qickinstall. You will use quickinstall preware. At that point you can do most 'brewing' from preware, which doesn't require dev mode. You should turn dev mode off when you aren't using it. Apparently its more secure and stable to turn it off when it isn't needed...

Really? I've left developer mode on from day one...
    I'll switch it off now due to paranoia.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Really? I've left developer mode on from day one...
    I'll switch it off now due to paranoia.
    I read that in one of the homebrew forums. I think I've seen fewer random luna restarts since I stopped leaving it on. Equally impprtant it to restart after using preware to change anything... ieven if it doesn't suggest it. That's been my observation.