Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    phantom skins is a clear skin like a screen ptotector. The grt case is protection for the frame. I'd recommend the get over the seidio case because the get case clips to itself, and not the phone edges. Not silure if the case would fit over a skin but you'd have a better shot because the skin covers the sides where the seidio is a right fit to grip the phone. I recommend you start with the palm branded screen protector ($5 at radio shack close out) because it doesn't cover the sides, coupled with the get case... MHO
    I use the zagg, but I don't use a case. When I finally get a GeT case, I will have to get a skin that doesn't wrap around the sides/corners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Ramen View Post
    Okay, so really my only concern now is cases and homebrew?
    How do I install everything safely, for I've seen issues of sound files disappearing after patches etc. etc.
    Now, in addition to the Sedio case I'd like to either get the GRT Case or a Skinomi/PhantomSkinz, between the two, which is betteR?
    Thanks,
    Alex
    I think it is best to install patches one at a time, then check your phone functions to make sure that you don't have an install problem or a problem with incompatibility.

People have been saying for nearly a year that it is virtually impossible to brick your Pre. If things don't work correctly, first try a reboot -- Orange + Sym + R. If that doesn't fix a problem, try the Repair Utility:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html

Then there is always WebOS Doctor if nothing else works. You can download from Palm or from WebOS Internals:

How To Recover - WebOS Internals
  4.    #24  
    Thank you all for the quick responses, I think I'll get the PhantomSkinz. Is it compatible with the touchstone, which the plastic on, that is.
    Which do you prefer, Zagg or PhantomSkinz I don't want a tacky feel.

Also, I'm on a Mac and I'm attempting to drag and drop all my songs from iTunes into a music folder which I will eventually move to my Pre+, but it won't let me. How can I extract all the songs into a new folder?

EDIT: I'm so confused about this as well. What's the difference between installing things with PreWare and installing things with WebOSQuickInstall I have WOSQI installed on my Mac, but since I don't have my Pre+ yet it has no value.

Thanks for all your help,
    Alex
    Last edited by Doctor Ramen; 05/23/2010 at 10:58 AM.
    When you are ready to install Preware go here: http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes Follow step by step. Enjoy!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6.    #26  
    What about getting music from my iTunes library?
    PhantomSkinz or Skinomi?

Also, I heard that the charging port on the Pre+ doesn't close well, or breaks easily. Is that true?
    What about getting music from my iTunes library?
    PhantomSkinz or Skinomi?

Also, I heard that the charging port on the Pre+ doesn't close well, or breaks easily. Is that true?
    If you had iTunes set to automatically keep your music folder organized, there won't be an easy way to move music to another folder outside of manually doing it. If you are looking for an application that works like iTunes (but with more features) there are other free applications you can use to sync your playlists and music to the Pre. Try out DoubleTwist, MediaMonkey, or Songbird for some great media sync options.
  8.    #28  
    What do you recommend to use to sync my Pre+ to my Mac? I'm talking about the whole shin-dig. Music, Contacts, Calendars, Photos, Videos, and notes.
    When will Palm create a Mac client for syncing completely?

Also with the full body protection is the Skinomi case still compatible with the touchstone?
    What do you recommend to use to sync my Pre+ to my Mac? I'm talking about the whole shin-dig. Music, Contacts, Calendars, Photos, Videos, and notes.
    When will Palm create a Mac client for syncing completely?

Also with the full body protection is the Skinomi case still compatible with the touchstone?
    Palm doesn't use a Sync-ing application anymore like the old Palm Desktop app. Palm now uses a process called Synergy, where all of your account info is backed up to your Palm Profile, and is merged with your other contacts from all of your sources (email accounts, calendars, etc...). Everything is kept in the cloud now. The only thing you really need to 'sync' manually would be your photos,music, and videos. For this, I use an application like Songbird, DoubleTwist, or MediaMonkey. All three of these have interfaces like iTunes, but offer more features and abilities for the Pre.
  10.    #30  
    So this is officially my new addiction! Thanks for all your help, but how could I remove the AT&T applications like navigator and yellowpages I won't use either of them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12