Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I bought a couple Touchstones. One for the house and one for my truck. The one in my truck won't charge the phone. But when I plug direcltly into the pre usb it charges fine in the truck so it's not the cable.

I bring the same TS into the house and plug into wall and it works fine.

Anyone else had an issue like this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irondust View Post
    I bought a couple Touchstones. One for the house and one for my truck. The one in my truck won't charge the phone. But when I plug direcltly into the pre usb it charges fine in the truck so it's not the cable.

I bring the same TS into the house and plug into wall and it works fine.

Anyone else had an issue like this?

Thanks
    almost all 12v USB adapters do not output enough amps to run the touchstone. You will most likely need to hardwire the power to the TS. Many upon many posts and threads about this subject.

You should really do a search
    I use the TS all the time in the car, using the Sprint USB car charger with absolutely no problem. You do have to trim a little of the plastic off the top of the USB connection so it will fit in the TS. I tried using the Palm car charger in the TS, but it keeps going back and forth between charge and not charging.
    palm cable will not work . it does not put out enough to charge with the touchstone. you have to use the sprint oem car charger , it puts out more power .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    it's probably the charger you are using not outputting enough juice.

if you need one, look in my marketplace ad. $10 shipped

I have car chargers that will work for touchstones
    Last edited by trim81; 05/22/2010 at 04:38 PM.
    if you buy the oem charger for the palm pre (only the oem one gives the full 1 amp output) then it does work with the touchstone in the car. The oem car charger/usb power adapters I bought from precentral and radio shack were the only ones that give enough power. The Touchstone really does make a great car kit.
    I had the same problem, until I realize the charger I used for my ipod touch and Pre directly did not work through the touchstone.
    They are on clearance at your local RadioShack for $10 right now, IF you can find a store with one still in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    palm cable will not work . it does not put out enough to charge with the touchstone. you have to use the sprint oem car charger , it puts out more power .
    I have the Palm charger with a Touchstone in my car and it works just fine.
    I use the palm branded adapter with my touchstone in the car all the time. Be sure you use the palm branded car adapter. Radio shack is closing them out for less than $10, including the cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBM4VT View Post
    I have the Palm charger with a Touchstone in my car and it works just fine.
    im talking about the cable that comes with the phone when you buy it lol it will not work in the car with the touchstone charger
    of coarse im not using a cigarette adapter thats from palm or sprint either so thats probably why its not working for me .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    almost all 12v USB adapters do not output enough amps to run the touchstone. You will most likely need to hardwire the power to the TS. Many upon many posts and threads about this subject.

You should really do a search
    I did a search. Still was looking for more info from others which didn't seem to bother them. Thought that's what forum was for.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for the info. This was all very helpful.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I bought this car charger from Hand Held Items for $3.99 and it works quite well with my TS in the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im talking about the cable that comes with the phone when you buy it lol it will not work in the car with the touchstone charger
    of coarse im not using a cigarette adapter thats from palm or sprint either so thats probably why its not working for me .
    the cable that came with my VZ Pre+ works fine with my touchstone...
    Quote Originally Posted by irondust View Post
    I did a search. Still was looking for more info from others which didn't seem to bother them. Thought that's what forum was for.
    yep. Ask away. That's what we are all about. Sometimes if you include info in your post about what you've already done, it helps others to know where you are coming from to they can provide new info and not just repeat what is already in another thread. But, keep asking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the cable that came with my VZ Pre+ works fine with my touchstone...
    and how r u plugging into the car cigarette lighter
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Anyone have any trouble with sudden stops, and the phone flying into the back seat?

To me it does not look like the TS charger is strong enough for the car.
    My F150 the Palm branded charger and touchstone work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Anyone have any trouble with sudden stops, and the phone flying into the back seat?

To me it does not look like the TS charger is strong enough for the car.
    WAIT A MINUTE! If you are driving and suddenly stop your phone will stick to the touchstone bcs of inertion, which will keep moving it straight, not backwards... So, if you are driving and suddenly stop - your phone will not fly to the back seat... Unless you have a Bugatti Veyron and quickly speed up from parking lot!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast