Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The TS magnets are very strong.

I use the Palm car charger with my TS and had problems when ever the brake lights or indicator lights came on. Cigarette light wired directly to the battery (with a fuse) solved this. Now it just drops out of charge if I have all my lights on and flash the headlights.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I use the Palm car charger and it charges fine. The tiny print on mine says it's rated for 1 amp and I've never had a problem with the Touchstone charging in the car.
    In one of the other threads, someone mentioned that some of the Palm chargers are only rated for 800 mA and they won't charge through the Touchstone
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    and how r u plugging into the car cigarette lighter
    I use the palm branded adapter into the cigarette lighter outlet. Using the palm branded cable to the touchstone. Perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im talking about the cable that comes with the phone when you buy it lol it will not work in the car with the touchstone charger
    of coarse im not using a cigarette adapter thats from palm or sprint either so thats probably why its not working for me .
    aside from the AC adapter, the cable that comes with the phone works fine in the car.
    I don't know what you're smoking... but you need to quit!
    I rented a Dodge Charger for work one time and brought my TS setup that I used in my car and the Dodge's power port did not put out enough juice to run my TS charger.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    WAIT A MINUTE! If you are driving and suddenly stop your phone will stick to the touchstone bcs of inertion, which will keep moving it straight, not backwards... So, if you are driving and suddenly stop - your phone will not fly to the back seat... Unless you have a Bugatti Veyron and quickly speed up from parking lot!
    Lol, you know what I mean. I am a bit scared to use a TS in the car, even the rep at the AT&T store said it was not a good idea as it could come off the TS easily.
    ts is the perfect car kit. There is even a thread hear to put in stronger magnets if you want to.

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...gnets-pix.html
    I used the Palm 3453WW Auto Adapter to install my touchstone in my vehicle. I posted a detailed set of instructions on how I hardwired a new power outlet directly from the battery here.

I have never had the "charging cycle on/off" nor the "stop charging when I turn my lights on" issues others have reported on these forums. My touchstone works in my vehicle just like it does in my house...perfectly.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Lol, you know what I mean. I am a bit scared to use a TS in the car, even the rep at the AT&T store said it was not a good idea as it could come off the TS easily.
    You should see the state of the roads here in the UK after the last freeze. I've not had problems with my Pre falling of the TS driving over pot holes or sleeping policeman (speed bumps).
    Braking isn't going to cause the phone to fly backward but if you get hit head on in the right front corner of your car, you could end up with Pre in your face. I am using mine anyway.
    I beg to differ. I use the palm cable and ts in my car and works fine. The point is if you are using a non-palm brand lighter adapter, it need to be rated correctly. Most do not put out enough apms.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Went to Radioshack and picked up Palm car cargerer and the TS works fine now. Nice having in my truck. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by irondust View Post
    Went to Radioshack and picked up Palm car cargerer and the TS works fine now. Nice having in my truck. Thanks for the help.
    I agree. Now that I have mine in my car, I wonder why I ever fiddled with the stupid USB cable and generic cell phone suction holder combo.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12