1.    #1  
    The power just went out at my house. I was able to use my Pre+ mobile hotspot and here I am. What a great phone!
    Here here

How does having mobile hotspot help? Do you have a laptop or something? If your power is out, then your desktop would be nonfunctional. Just curious

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I actually did the same thing before lol. It really is great! Power goes out and everyone in the house was so bored because they had nothing to do. Meanwhile, I'm on my laptop browsing the web and watching YouTube videos
    +1
    I hope you have a car charger.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Here here

How does having mobile hotspot help? Do you have a laptop or something? If your power is out, then your desktop would be nonfunctional. Just curious
    Yes my laptop on battery power. I was able to get onto the power comp website to report the outage.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    +1
    I hope you have a car charger.

LOL battery on the Pre was already low so I plugged it in to my laptop to keep it running. Both the wife and I are on my mobile hotspot and the battery is holding steady.
    But I bet your laptop battery is gonna tank.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    But I bet your laptop battery is gonna tank.
    That's okay...bedtime and the power is back up. No harm No foul. And still was able to get online for the 1/2 hour it was out.
    Power's out... no lights... candles burning... wife sitting next to you.. and your surfing Pre|Central. Not sure if I should admire ya for being a great forum member, or smack ya upside the head and point out that you could have been having a romantic night with your wife! newbies LOL
  10.    #10  
    LOL, I should have also pointed out the stepson was with us too wishing he had a pre.
    It happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Tornados were threatening all around me. I wanted real-time weather information on TV. Satellite TV went out, so I swtiched to TV station on internet. Then phone (with DSL) went out. I tethered my netbook to my phone and kept up with the status of the storms. I love technology.