1. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Hello PC,

I had a simple question, I already have a Pre, I was interesting in purchasing a Pre Plus but Id like to have 3G on my phone (I am tired of Edge) My carrier is T-mobile any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
    The Palm Pre Plus for AT&T can be transferred to the T-Mobile network, but 3G will not work (so far). Only Edge.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The Palm Pre Plus for AT&T can be transferred to the T-Mobile network, but 3G will not work (so far). Only Edge.
    What do you mean; 'so far' ? The Radio for the Att can be tweaked to pick-up the T-Mo 3G band?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    "So far?" I'm not sure how it would ever work since they are 2 totally different types of 3G networks. Unless Palm releases a "unlocked" version of this phone the 3G will NEVER work.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    What do you mean; 'so far' ? The Radio for the Att can be tweaked to pick-up T-Mo 3G band?
    I'm just talking how we have only gotten EDGE to work with T-Mobile's network. I'm just going off of PreCentral's article on it. I didn't know the capabilities of the unlock process.

http://www.precentral.net/att-pre-pl...other-carriers

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by blk02ls1 View Post
    "So far?" I'm not sure how it would ever work since they are 2 totally different types of 3G networks. Unless Palm releases a "unlocked" version of this phone the 3G will NEVER work.
    That is my understanding also.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Correct, you will only get Edge using an AT&T Pre Plus on T-Mobile.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    T-Mobile and AT&T have 3G on different bands (frequencies), the 3G on T-Mobile will NEVER work on an unlocked AT&T Pre+.
    ok so what about the european gsm palm pre? I know it won't work with ATT 3G but what about Tmobile?
    The only way to get a 3G Pre on T-Mobile is if the Pre came from T-Mobile (maybe someday soon?) or if Palm sold an unlocked Pre specifically designed for T-Mo's frequencies (extremely unlikely).
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V