1.    #1  
    I have a defective Pre and was told by ATT to bring it in to get it swapped out for a new one. I migrated all the info from the Treo using a new Palm profile (instead of Google or some other web based program) and it told me something about not being able to update my Pre over the web and only through my computer.

So what do I need to do to make the transition to my new Pre (after returning my old one) painless?
    anything in your palm profile is safe. Makes SURE where your data is. Also search save/restore in this forun for a preware app to help with app data.
    We need a sticky for this question. Not to offend, but we get this often.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys - I looked around for an answer here and on google before posting. Sticky would be a great idea
    Just curious, what is wrong with your Pre? Alot of "problems" can be cured here on the forums. We are willing to help.Remember Preware is your friend, there are a couple back up apps, Save/Restore and Pre Backup Utility, both work well. PBU is abit more detailed as for what it backs up IMO.Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrose001 View Post
    Just curious, what is wrong with your Pre? Alot of "problems" can be cured here on the forums. We are willing to help.Remember Preware is your friend, there are a couple back up apps, Save/Restore and Pre Backup Utility, both work well. PBU is abit more detailed as for what it backs up IMO.Hope this helps.
    It's funny you say that because some Pre's are easily curable with a trip to the WebOS Doctor. One of the most popular software issue was when the Verizon Pre's had the double type glitch so people kept returning and returning Pres until they got one that seemed to work although that ended up being solved with a WebOS update. Nontheless, I've seen plenty of threads of people returning perfectly good Pre's that could be fixed with a software fix.

Just a thought that came to my head.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  7.    #7  
    Pre keeps turning on and off randomly, charger is bad so the 'charging battery' keeps going on and off - figured best thing to do would be to get a new one.

So it seems backing up using Pre Backup Utility is the way to go? And then if I want to keep the Pre backed up over web OS - should I ditch the Palm Profile route and go Google instead?
    Before you hand in your old phone, check with the technicians there and tell them what you need. If they are worth anything, they will help you to retain your data. But check with the WebOS Doctor first!