1.    #1  
    I have an exchange account set up. When I swipe away the emails (to delete), I'm not sure what happens to them. If I go into the Deleted Items subfolder (even after making sure it is synched again), I do not see what I deleted. There is no "trash" subfolder. Sometimes, I make a mistake on what I delete and I'd like to go back and move the message to a different folder, but cant find it...

Thanks.
    Not really an answer to your question, because i don't know....but there is a patch that makes you hit delete after swiping an email so you can't delete email by accident....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Well, I use gmail. So my deleted emails go to the my Trash folder in gmail. I think you can make your own trash folder though. Under Default Folders in Account Preferences, go to your account. There is an option for which folder is your trash folder. So, pick one to be it.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I just swipe-deleted an email on the Pre. On my desktop Outlook client the email went into the deleted items folder.
    Also, if you go to your Email Preferences, there is an option to choose the folder for Sent, Draft, and Trash.

In an effort to be able to easily ID what emails I have deleted from the Pre (and restore if necessary), i created a new folder (using my PC) called "Pre Delete" and then updated that TRASH folder preference. Therefore any time you "delete" from the phone, it really just moves to that "Pre Delete" folder.

I hope this helps
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    On my Exchange accounts, when I swipe an email away it deletes it from my phone and from the Exchange server when it syncs (which for me is instantly). You can have your deleted folder (or any other) sync with your account by opening up your email, scrolling down to your account and hitting the triangle to the right of the account to open the subfolder list. Tap the star next to the sub-folder you want to sync.

And I'm with vobocius above... I use the swipe-delete confirmation patch also.
  7.    #7  
    Hi all,

Thanks for your comments.
    The suggestion to install the confirm before swipe-delete patch has already been implemented
    And I did see that my deleted emails do show up in the deleted items folder on outlook (on my pc). However, my statement still holds true that when I sync my deleted items I don't see anything move back in there--I sync my exchange account manually--though there are some items in that folder on the pre.

As for the other suggestions:
    -on the pre, I don't see any options to "choose the folders for sent, draft, trash" or to be able to change such by accessing options on the default account. All I'm able to do is change which account is default.
    -on outlook, I can create a "pre-delete" folder but a) don't know where in outlook (if that is the place) to redirect deleted messages and b) per the above, I do not see any options on the pre for linking the two together.

By the way I have a pre plus / verizon / 1.4.1.1, does that make a difference (vs sprint?). My brother in law's pre on sprint allows him to "keep messages on the server" for at least one type of account, but all types of accounts are treated the same for me (without this and other options). Also, I usually like to sync only last 7 days of messages, my exchange account does just that (does not show messages older than 7 days), my pop att account keeps everything I've ever synced unless I delete the message...

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    -on the pre, I don't see any options to "choose the folders for sent, draft, trash" or to be able to change such by accessing options on the default account. All I'm able to do is change which account is default.
    Once you're in Preferences, touch the email account you want to change from those listed, and another screen of preferences specific to that account appears.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    My default exchange settings dump all my swiped emails to the Deleted Items folder.

the "Default Folders" stuff does NOT show up for my exchange account, so I'm guessing that's why you can't see it.

Do you rely on exchange for contact/calendar syncing as well? if not, does your work provide an IMAP option?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Once you're in Preferences, touch the email account you want to change from those listed, and another screen of preferences specific to that account appears.
    Unfortunately I don't see those options. Attached are 2 screen shots of the preferences available to me (the bottom of the 2nd is cut off, but all that is there is the "change login settings" button).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    On my Exchange accounts, when I swipe an email away it deletes it from my phone and from the Exchange server when it syncs (which for me is instantly). You can have your deleted folder (or any other) sync with your account by opening up your email, scrolling down to your account and hitting the triangle to the right of the account to open the subfolder list. Tap the star next to the sub-folder you want to sync.

And I'm with vobocius above... I use the swipe-delete confirmation patch also.
    Hi,

I noticed you haven't tried the suggestion from newman yet (or if u have, you haven't responded yet). I just tried this on my Pre and was able to get my deleted items folder synced. All you need to do is expand the exchange folders list, then put the star next to the folders you want/need to have synced.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    Not really an answer to your question, because i don't know....but there is a patch that makes you hit delete after swiping an email so you can't delete email by accident....
    what patch is this you speak of?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rburna View Post
    Hi,

I noticed you haven't tried the suggestion from newman yet (or if u have, you haven't responded yet). I just tried this on my Pre and was able to get my deleted items folder synced. All you need to do is expand the exchange folders list, then put the star next to the folders you want/need to have synced.
    See post #7.
    a) I did install the confirm before delete patch for email--definitely a strong band-aid for my issue
    b) I believe the star just "favorites" the email folders so they show at the top of the list. Also as described in post #7, I went into the deleted items folder on the pre and manually synched it--the emails do not show up there (for me) but do show up in the deleted items folder on exchange/outlook (not much of a help when I'm not near a computer).

Thanks
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    See post #7.
    a) I did install the confirm before delete patch for email--definitely a strong band-aid for my issue
    b) I believe the star just "favorites" the email folders so they show at the top of the list. Also as described in post #7, I went into the deleted items folder on the pre and manually synched it--the emails do not show up there (for me) but do show up in the deleted items folder on exchange/outlook (not much of a help when I'm not near a computer).

Thanks
    well... FWIW, when I tried it, no star = no sync. Once the star was given, the folder synced. I did manually sync before and after giving the star. Yes the star does favorite the folder, but I guess that will have to happen for now.
    with the palm pre its hard to lose anything