1.    #1  
    As the title says...as many of you know it is the 30th anniversary of Pac-man you can play PAC man on goggles home page(by clicking on the logo). I read people are able to play this pacman game on safari browsers on iphone
    wondering if anybody figured it out a way to make it work on Pre??
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    As the title says...as many of you know it is the 30th anniversary of Pac-man you can play PAC man on goggles home page(by clicking on the logo). I read people are able to play this pacman game on safari browsers on iphone
    wondering if anybody figured it out a way to make it work on Pre??
    I haven't tried but you could try installing the iphone user agent spoof to see if it works. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html

Also, I think it is in the most current version of WebOSQuickInstall.
    I have the iPhone user agent spoof installed, and the Pac-Man game does not work at Google.com with my Pre.

In fact, the old boring Goggle logo is all I get (aside from an invitation to install the Google App on my non-existent iPhone). ;-0
    I'm runnin unpatched Pre Plus and selecting the "Classic" link at the bottom of the Google mobile (default) page just gives an image of the Pacman game.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I haven't tried but you could try installing the iphone user agent spoof to see if it works. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html

Also, I think it is in the most current version of WebOSQuickInstall.
    Pretty sure that won't work - it appears to be an HTML5 v/s our browser's capability issue to me.
    Well, if even if u got it to work, on the PC web browser, you use the arrow keys to move the PAC MAN. If they wanted the Pre to work, we could have used our keyboard...Oh well. Anyhow, I know this if off topic, but I got MAME to work on Palm OS and played PacMan all the time. Is there a MAME emulator for Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Well, if even if u got it to work, on the PC web browser, you use the arrow keys to move the PAC MAN. If they wanted the Pre to work, we could have used our keyboard...Oh well. Anyhow, I know this if off topic, but I got MAME to work on Palm OS and played PacMan all the time. Is there a MAME emulator for Pre?
    Actually I think there is. I know I saw MAME emulator mentioned here a while ago. I'll go search real quick.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Just tried the game on my ipod touch, and it does work. You gotta swipe up down left or right to move the pacman.
    After quite a bit of searching, I found alot of pages that say a MAME emulator exists for the Palm Pre. None of those pages have any information about installing it though.
    I swear google hates us...smh
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    This link works!!
    Google
    it runs for me, but it's pretty slow. you click the pacman window and it moves in that direction after a half-second delay. i dont have any user agent spoofs or anything. i am running a 600mhz luna patch in super pre kernel and it's still a little slow.

kinda weird its so slow :\
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's not the smoothest to play. And I'm not hearing any sound. But I was surprised to see that it does "sort of" run on the pre.

So that's html5, then?
    It's probably javascript. Google would not wanna waist time making it in HTML5. It's prob a lot hard today because the eng. are not as familiar with the new tech.