Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    sometimes when I'm in the browser I'll go to multitouch like zoom in and sometimes it'll just scroll up or down or sometimes it takes me a couple taps to open a app like it doesn't register I don't even see the ripple effect for those couple taps then it'll open up... Anyone else experience this?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've experienced this. Sometimes mine will start going crazy and start registering scrolls and taps on the screen. I'd bring it in to get replaced, but it's not consistent so I probably couldn't reproduce it in the store. I find that it occurs most often when I'm laying in bed. Probably happens due to a combo of static and bad grounding like some HTC Incredible users have experienced.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emaddox84 View Post
    Yeah, I've experienced this. Sometimes mine will start going crazy and start registering scrolls and taps on the screen. I'd bring it in to get replaced, but it's not consistent so I probably couldn't reproduce it in the store. I find that it occurs most often when I'm laying in bed. Probably happens due to a combo of static and bad grounding like some HTC Incredible users have experienced.
    I have had this exact issue happen to two Pres in a row. I had to replace my launch Pre because of it (luckily, I guess, I could get it to repro in the store) and it's starting to happen on my current refurb replacement. *sigh*
    I have had major problems with my Pre's touchscreen. I found a solution that may or may not work for you. Turns out the problem with mine stemmed from the USB input on the side of the phone.

If you look at your phone from the side and there is a space between the top of the USB jack (silver metal) and the casing above it, you can carefully and delicately bend the metal USB jack up a little so that it is in direct contact with the piece above it.

As I said, it may not work for you, but it helped me temporarily at least.

This picture doesn't really show what I'm talking about but it's better than nothing:
    Good grief that's a huge picture. Sorry about that.
    Good picture, but which direction did you bend it towards? Thank you.