Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hellonnnewman View Post
    awesome follow-up post op! Hate to imagine what the outcome would have been if you hadn't have gotten a great salesperson!
    when did you become a mod! Congrats!!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    when did you become a mod! Congrats!!
    Thanks bud! Just happened.. was supposed to be next weekend, but guess someone was bored!
    Awesome! I am just hopeful that I get a cool title sometime Grats again!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    Good to hear that the sales rep was positive about the Pre. I have heard before that some Verizion Reps have been bad mouthing the Pre. Good thing also that all the good Android phones are not on AT&T yet. Hope he has fun. Now brush up on making the battery life last longer.
    simple show him webos (multi-tasking)
    1. Touchstone, it is like magic (that sounds sooo steve jobs) compared to how other phones charge.
    2. Synergy, link contacts with his facebook profile and he will be amazed. All of my friends love that their facebook picture, their birthdat, etc. is on my phone.
    3. Multitask, here it is where webOS wins.
    4. Youtube app, all smartphones have youtube but still it amazes dumbphone owners.
    5. Download something from app catalog, so he can see that apps are not only on iPhones (I don't know why people think this)
    6. Capture a video and let him see how easy it is to upload it to facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    1. Touchstone, it is like magic (that sounds sooo steve jobs) compared to how other phones charge.
    2. Synergy, link contacts with his facebook profile and he will be amazed. All of my friends love that their facebook picture, their birthdat, etc. is on my phone.
    3. Multitask, here it is where webOS wins.
    4. Youtube app, all smartphones have youtube but still it amazes dumbphone owners.
    5. Download something from app catalog, so he can see that apps are not only on iPhones (I don't know why people think this)
    6. Capture a video and let him see how easy it is to upload it to facebook.
    Not just capture a video...capture AND edit it too
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Glad he went with Pre plus. But so much Pre hate in this thread. Sure it breaks down often but it gets replaced at no cost so im not going to cry about having to backup and restore. Reasons why I love my Pre.

1)Preware best app on pre.
    2)Touchstone its awesome and easy to use.
    3)HTTP so I get automatic tracking of phone at all times by simply loading a page no monthly service required I can also host anything that fits on the Pre.
    4)SSH server to trigger the server on and off, make calls, reboot phone, install new things, send sms, trigger gps, move files, tunnel for dynamic ip (restart java for new ip) (You can control pretty much the whole phone from here possibilities are endless).
    5)SFTP for secure wireless transfers.
    6)Dynamic dns a must to keep path to servers at all times.
    7)Overclocked kernel. Once you overclock stock kernel feels like 56k compared to broadband.
    8)Led torch
    9) Synergy for backing up and linking contacts and calendars from gmail and facebook
    10)Terminal (like any good *nix box this is where real work gets done)
    11)X server and chroot runs native linux apps (wireshark,openoffice etc. think less phone more pc) Still in development but most awesome thing the phone can do.
    12)Multitasking It Runs Music/Sprint Nav (with traffic)/trapster simultaneously when a turn (nav) or trap (trapster) or call comes up music gets faded out and the turn/trap/call come in. When its done music fades back in and not a finger was lifted making sure I focus on the road. Pandora can be subbed for Music app. I was amazed at how well these apps worked together specially since 2 require gps and are heavily visual based. Its like they knew when I wanted each app to interact with each other.
    13) Fits in pocket without looking like im trying to smuggle a netbook.

Im sure android can do many of those things as its also running linux kernel. But I have yet to find a phone that does all of them as well as the Pre. The other features it has is nice and some many patches im used to when I get a replacement Pre it throws me off that it does not automatically do thing I expect it too. If you dislike your Pre blame yourself the phone is nothing short of a computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by hugejames View Post
    just compare serveral phone model with palm pre , list the advantages of pre
    Haven't you read the posts. Plenty of advantages listed. You do the comparison.
    Just tell your brother if he gets an iPhone he will be dead to you and refuse to talk to him ever again also tell him if he loves you he will get a pre
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Don't you think you would be doing him a diservice by recommending a phone that's outdated and isn't relevant anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBro132 View Post
    Don't you think you would be doing him a diservice by recommending a phone that's outdated and isn't relevant anymore?
    Obviously not! The brother is rapt. As you could have read yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cw-re View Post
    My brother really liked the Pre Plus and decided to get it then and there plus leather case, extra battery and Jabra Cruiser for bluetooth through his car stereo (plus the Touchstone dock that comes with it). He stayed up till 1am playing with it and then was up from 5am to 7am and was all excited about downloading apps like Pandora and some of the free games. Keep in mind he was using an LG Vu which was a nightmare and not much of a smartphone so just the basics of using the Pre and its more basic features plus some of the apps were like heaven to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBro132 View Post
    pre is outdated and irrelevant to YOU.... by posting on precentral you are part of the smartphone elite....dont forget that there are billions of people out there in the world who will buy smartphones at some point in their lives...most of these billions will never think about visiting an online phone forum or read a article from a mobile tech site....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12