1.    #1  
    I know this has been an issue for a while now, but haven't seen any posts on a solution: I am trying to delete 296 emails - that I think re-appeared because of the whole Yahoo problem - and am not looking forward to swiping each one individually. Is there another way to do this???
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Patch: Read/Delete All Email
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Patch: Read/Delete All Email
    Sorry, I don't know what that means.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    There is a patch (or unofficial modification) available which allows you to add this functionality to your phone. I know of no other method to do what you want to do from the phone itself.

Patches can be applied to the phone using WebOS Quick Install or Preware. For more information, see:

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware

Note: The instructions for installing Preware are outdated. To install Preware, use the instructions found here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
  5.    #5  
    There is a patch (or unofficial modification) available which allows you to add this functionality to your phone. I know of no other method to do what you want to do from the phone itself.

Patches can be applied to the phone using WebOS Quick Install or Preware. For more information, see:

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware

Note: The instructions for installing Preware are outdated. To install Preware, use the instructions found here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

I will look into doing this. I have not used any of these techniquesl, but am willing to try. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Check dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal for a handy description of available patches. It will give you an idea of what's available to customize your phone. Good luck.
    SO I am sure I am just missing a setting somewhere. Can someone tell me how to select multiple emails in one shot like GMAIL and Yahoo and delete instead of doing it one by one?
    Can't be done out of the box. Need a patch for that. I will dig up the name of it for you.

Bingo: Read/Delete All

To install patches I recommend the Preware route.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Problem is the Read/Delete all patch, as its name implies, is all-or-none.

What would be nice would be the ability to select (or check) the specific e-mails in a folder you want to delete and delete all of them at once, leaving the ones you do not wish to delete.

Don't think there is a way to do that (patch or otherwise) yet.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  11.    #11  
    Check dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal for a handy description of available patches. It will give you an idea of what's available to customize your phone. Good luck.
    Thanks for that link as well. I downloaded the patch, and when in email I tap the delete icon that was created. It asks if I want to 'delete all 302 items in this folder?'
    I then tap 'Yes', but nothing is deleted. Is there something else I can or should be doing?
    Thanks once again.
    <<merged threads>>
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Problem is the Read/Delete all patch, as its name implies, is all-or-none.

What would be nice would be the ability to select (or check) the specific e-mails in a folder you want to delete and delete all of them at once, leaving the ones you do not wish to delete.

Don't think there is a way to do that (patch or otherwise) yet.
    I am with jjefcoat...This seems to be the most basic of issues. Is there really no way to point and click the emails and then delete those selected?
    Patches anyone?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Thanks for that link as well. I downloaded the patch, and when in email I tap the delete icon that was created. It asks if I want to 'delete all 302 items in this folder?'
    I then tap 'Yes', but nothing is deleted. Is there something else I can or should be doing?
    Thanks once again.
    That's a huge number of emails. How long did you wait? For a number that large, it could take some time before the visible part of the deletion process (circling dots in the upper right corner) started. I would give it a full 60 seconds to initiate the deletion process.

If you did wait a good amount of time and still nothing happened, I'm stumped for now.
  15.    #15  
    That's a huge number of emails. How long did you wait? For a number that large, it could take some time before the visible part of the deletion process (circling dots in the upper right corner) started. I would give it a full 60 seconds to initiate the deletion process.

If you did wait a good amount of time and still nothing happened, I'm stumped for now.
    These emails just showed up this morning, I think it has something to do with the problems Yahoo is having.
    I did wait quite a long time, the last time I tried it I let it go for about 20 minutes, with no luck.
    In the meantime, I will start swiping each one individually...

Thanks