1.    #1  
    All the information is on this page: MiniDM - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    It says that MiniDM was included on ATT Pre phones with webos 1.4.2. So I should already have it in my phone somewhere...how do you access it?
  3.    #3  
    palm-launch com.palm.app.minidm

Please add that to the wiki page.

-- Rod
    Rod, great find. Is this data available to normal app developers?
    Can someone explain what that is and what it does
    its basically the same as net monitor on nokia's. Mainly used by the networks to check their network configuration. Some location systems use the neighbour cell signal strength to assist in giving a better position fix without gps. Other things govern how often your phone talks to the network etc.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I can't get it to show up after installation to O2 UK Pre though it still shows as installed with WebOS QI.
    Same on mine. Tried "palm-launch com.palm.app.minidm" from the terminal but it doesn't seem to work. Probably just me doing something stupid.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    I can't get it to show up after installation to O2 UK Pre though it still shows as installed with WebOS QI.
    Change to visible:true in the appinfo.json file.

-- Rod
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    Same on mine. Tried "palm-launch com.palm.app.minidm" from the terminal but it doesn't seem to work. Probably just me doing something stupid.
    palm-launch is an SDK tool, run on the host, not the device.

-- Rod
    Cheers, Like I said I was doing something stupid. I have now got it running. Unfortunately all the fields come up blank on my UK Pre-. Shame.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Hagster.
  12.    #12  
    Did you install both packages into the rootfs / area and start the service?

-- Rod
    i used the quick installer. It put the app in the cryptofs. I've not had time to investigate properly.
    thanks very much for finding this Rod. According to wiki, this wont work if installed from WebOS QI. Do you have have reference on how to install this into the rootfs / area? I'll really appreciate it cos this will very very useful for my job. thanks.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    i used the quick installer. It put the app in the cryptofs. I've not had time to investigate properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by xiufoong View Post
    thanks very much for finding this Rod. According to wiki, this wont work if installed from WebOS QI. Do you have have reference on how to install this into the rootfs / area? I'll really appreciate it cos this will very very useful for my job. thanks.
    Unfortunately, as evidenced by the post above yours, people don't read or follow instructions, so I am hesitant to post command line instructions which will require them to webOS Doctor if they mistype them.

If you PM me showing that you've done the requisite research to work out how to do this yourself, I'll be glad to tell you whether you have the correct commands or not before you type them.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod check out this thread, GPRS / EDGE outage in Newcastle - Vodafone - Mobile carriers - Whirlpool Forums I am having an issue with 2G Edge on Vodafone here in Aus, as are some others with linux smartphones. Would this app provide any useful info that could be forwarded to Voda?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I tried to install MiniMD with no success (O2 UK PRE). Not sure what I am doing wrong.
    I did the following:
    1) unpacked the AT&T webOSDoctor file (.jar) with Stuffit Expander and extracted both files (minidm_1.0.0-18_armv7.ipk and com.palm.app.minidm_1.0-13_armv7.ipk)
    2) transferred both ipkg files to my Pre to rootfs (\)
    3) as webOSQI cannot be used in this case I tried (after Tutorials on WebOS Internals: Installing an IPK):
    - PreBrew (MiniDM did not appear in the PRE's Launcher)
    - used the command line: "ipkg install \minidm_1.0.0-18_armv7.ipk" and "ipkg install \com.palm.app.minidm_1.0-13_armv7.ipk" with the same result: no MiniDM application present
    4) tried to edit the appinfo.json (visible:true) but seems that MiniDM is not installed on my PRE as I cannot locate the directory when the application resides in /usr/palm/applications/

Can anyone please go through the above procedure to check what I am doing wrong. Any hint would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by kbywal; 07/20/2010 at 04:10 AM.
    I managed to install the App on my Palm Pre. (o2 Germany)
    My Problem is, that the app is showing every value as "0"... (zero)
    Even the IMSI/IMEI is shown as "0".

Is it something with a not running service?
    If so, how can I start it?

P.S. Sorry, if my english isn't very good, I am no native speaker.
    Last edited by Tarkoon; 09/17/2010 at 06:09 PM.