View Poll Results: How many Touchstones do you use?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll

72 19.67%

143 39.07%

98 26.78%

34 9.29%
  • 5+

19 5.19%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I grabbed another one off Amazon for 25 bucks to bring my grand total to 3. One in my car, one at my desk at my office, and one next to my bed.

How many do you have?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I use three as well, same set up as you, night stand, car, office.
  3.    #3  
    I meant to put an option for 0 but I forgot. I can't edit the poll. Sorry.

You all should have Touchstones anyway.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I wish I had one in the car, but I currently only have one for home. Would be awesome if I could get one attached to my car though. I'm afraid of short circuiting it since my car can get up pretty hot in the summer with the sun beating down on it on the beach.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    one in the car, one in the office, 1 family room, 1 nightstand, and one in my travel bag.

At $19.99 there is every reason to have a bunch of them..
    one in garage, one in home office, one in Kitchen, two in bedroom(wife has a pixi), one at work.

Thinking of getting another for the living room...maybe two, one for the wife too.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I wish I had one in the car, but I currently only have one for home. Would be awesome if I could get one attached to my car though. I'm afraid of short circuiting it since my car can get up pretty hot in the summer with the sun beating down on it on the beach.
    I had the same problem living in California, having a black car with black interior, and mounting my Touchstone on the dash. Way too much heat for the Touchstone to handle.

I moved the Touchstone to a custom vent mount to fix this. Now when it is too hot in the car I can just turn on the air and the Touchstone cools down in seconds.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I dont get it.. Where are people finding them for $19.99 or $25, plus what about the extra cost for the wall charger itself?
    I have one currently at home sitting on my command center, but I'm gonna get another for the car. I don't really need one, though, cause I'm find with the occasional battery switching and the phone sits in the cupholder. I really just want one so I have somewhere to dock the phone so I can see the screen without having to pick the phone up.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    I dont get it.. Where are people finding them for $19.99 or $25, plus what about the extra cost for the wall charger itself?
    Radio shack has been closing them out. They are now on sale at Best Buy, too.

In fact, I read earlier that some RS stores are down to $15
    The Touchstone's at Amazon for $20-25, but Radioshack had a sale on the Kit (Charger + Back) for $20 (and then just the charger when they ran out of kits or whatever) and car chargers for $12.99.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  12.    #12  
    I got the Touchstone for $25 and the Palm AC adapter with cable for $7. Both from Amazon.
    Nightstand (which is also my daystand - I live in a studio apt), and desk at work. I'm not in my car enough to wire and mount one there (oooold car), although I wouldn't mind having it purely as a stand for the Pre in the car...and at current fire-sale prices I just may do that.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I use two. One in the car and one at home.
    I would love to have another for work, but the price is just too high. I do love it at home though.

Dr.
    bought the original for work, but it migrated home. $50 or whatever the precentral store was selling it for (touchstone+back). Then bought another just recently for $20 from Radio Shack. $10 on ebay for the ac adapter, and it's going to work.

I actually won a free one, but I sold it to a friend's coworker since I did not want to buy another AC adapter at the time for under $15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_EluSivE View Post
    I would love to have another for work, but the price is just too high. I do love it at home though.

Dr.
    You haven't been able to find the hugely discounted ones at RadioShack?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    So.. I have 0 Touchstones. Am I not welcome in this thread?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Desk at work, desk at home, nightstand. After a few weeks of playing with the flimsy little cover, I was convinced it was made to drive users to Touchstones. Unfortunately, I bought all my Touchstones within weeks of getting my phone, back when they were still stupid expensive. I knew the price would fall, but I couldn't wait.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast