View Poll Results: How many Touchstones do you use?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll

72 19.67%

143 39.07%

98 26.78%

34 9.29%
  • 5+

19 5.19%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    5 between my wife and me (2 pres).

2 cars, 1 at work, 2 at home.

Works great in my Camry. It is heavy enough and sticky enough that it doesn't slide around. I have it on the center console near the cup holder and gear shaft. Perfect for Pandora or Slacker streaming.
    Just got my at&t Pre and went to Radio Shack for some accessories. They have stopped carrying Pre (Sprint) and I got Touchstones for $15.97 and a case, car charger, etc. ALL Pre stuff on sale really cheap.
    I just got my at&t Pre and bought 3 ... home, office, car ... very cheap at Radio Shack palm clearance
    Well...until today, my family of three had 6...but I was in Radio Shack this evening and saw that they had one left (just the TS, no back plate or cord) for $15.97...so make it 7.

Apparently, RS is dumping their Pre accessories, so you might want to stop by and check out your local store to see if they have any more in stock. I also picked up a Palm car charger for $9.

...and why seven?
    • One each on my wife's, my daughter's, and my nightstand
    • One on the kitchen counter...which is where folks go for a quick charge when they get home if their Pre is low
    • One in our home office
    • One each for my wife and me at work

...and to think, we debated whether or not it was worth buying the first one. These things are like crack.

cheers,
    Scuba
    No option for those who don't use a Touchstone at all?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    4 total 3 for me. One on nightstand, one on my desk and one at work.
    Similar set up, but with 4 - night stand, home office, office, and car.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    ...and why seven?
    I think you are onto something here. (Seven is a perfect and lucky number!)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    Similar set up, but with 4 - night stand, home office, office, and car.
    This. Although since I think the wife will wind up with one when her Centro is ready to be upgraded, I'm going to hit the last few Radio Shacks in the area to pick up some more.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Well, I now up my answer to 2! Went to Radioshack, they had the kits on sale for $15.97. Talked to the guy and he said all the radioshacks sent theirs to that store, so he has a box of like 40 more kits in the back. If anyone's desperate for a cheap one, lemme know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    This. Although since I think the wife will wind up with one when her Centro is ready to be upgraded, I'm going to hit the last few Radio Shacks in the area to pick up some more.
    I wish I could get my wife out of her flip phone. She's fiercely proud of the fact that she has a phone that just makes phone calls, yet really enjoys her iPod touch. I keep telling her that combining the two results in a device greater than the sum of its parts.

What can you do...she's German/French.
    -Joshua
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    None. I'm not sure if I want to buy one depending on if/when a new webOS device is launched. I don't want to buy one just to have it be useless in a couple of months if it's not backwards-compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    I wish I could get my wife out of her flip phone. She's fiercely proud of the fact that she has a phone that just makes phone calls, yet really enjoys her iPod touch. I keep telling her that combining the two results in a device greater than the sum of its parts.
    My wife has been itching for an iPhone for a while but has been under contract, so she's not averse to combining. Now that AT&T has the Pre, and she worked with mine a little, she'd much rather get a Pre for her smartphone and get an iPad as a eReader (w/the Kindle app).
    What can you do...she's German/French.
    Well, there's your problem. My wife is Cajun/Irish.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    We got two webOS devices. One for the wife and other for me.
    2-touchstone upstairs in the bedroom. One on each side of the bed.
    1-downstairs in the living room.
    1-in my car
    1-in her car
    1-at work on my desk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    ...Well, there's your problem...
    I know.
    /tic
    -Joshua
    just got my first on Friday, at RS for $15.xx.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I wish Canada would start marking them down...right now the kit with the back and touchstone is $79.99. Picking one up next week.
    Amen to that! When I got my Pre (two days ago) I got $75 credit on accessories from Bell so the TS only cost me about $5 but I want another one and I'm not too happy about dishing out $79.99
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    Amen to that! When I got my Pre (two days ago) I got $75 credit on accessories from Bell so the TS only cost me about $5 but I want another one and I'm not too happy about dishing out $79.99
    Will Amazon not ship to Canada? What about other sites? I am sure you can get one cheaper.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
    What? Did somebody say something? 0 what?
    You will someday own a Touchstone and you will like it.
    All I have heard is they heat up your phone while on the charger? Is that not true? Currently when charging from the USB cable I get very little heat from the phone.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Count me in for one at work, nightstand and car.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast