View Poll Results: How many Touchstones do you use?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll

72 19.67%

143 39.07%

98 26.78%

34 9.29%
  • 5+

19 5.19%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Are there any surprises in using a TS in a vehicle. I have the Palm car charger. Do I just plug the cable into the TS?
    I have 2 Touchstones, considering maybe getting 1 more.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    3, Car, Work desk, Night Stand.

Only use the car one if I'm using navigation or Pandora though.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Just bought one...this thing is AWESOME.
  5.    #65  
    Palm really has no need to make a new Touchstone for an upcoming model. No need to redesign something that already works well, and they know a lot of Pre/Pixi users have them.

Looks like 2-3 is the sweet spot for most TS owners. If they keep selling them in the $20 range I might end up with 5+.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  6.    #66  
    Also, for all the people who are on the fence about getting a Touchstone, DO IT!

Like others have said, it's the best cell accessory ever.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by pebacher View Post
    Are there any surprises in using a TS in a vehicle. I have the Palm car charger. Do I just plug the cable into the TS?
    Just take the Palm OEM car charger and plug it into the touchstone and it just works!

Only thing you need to figure out is how to mount it if you are trying for a permanent solution.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Well as some of u know... I am a bit Touchstone crazy... and that Shack sale didnt help much... I personally have 15... from cars, home and work... add in my immediate family... another 20... (We all have Pre's and Pixi's)
    ... so ummm yea... Like I said... a bit crazy
    Last edited by mrkalel; 05/21/2010 at 03:55 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I have 4.

One on nightstand near bed.
    One in home office.
    One at work office.
    One that will eventually be mounted in my car, though the wife will object...

I bought the first on Pre Prelaunch Party, night before official launch.
    Bought second on Black Friday for $50 at Best Buy, included back, cable, and charger.
    Mom sent me my third on my birthday (the lady is great, used to send me Legos in college).
    Just bought forth at Radio Shack for $19, back and touchstone only. Bought cable and extra charger on Amazon OEM, real cheap.

Touchstones are great!
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    4:
    Desk at home
    Nightstand at home
    Car
    Desk at work

I've been starting to have evil thoughts about adding a second one in my car; the one the dash is great for visabliity and accessibility, but it can get really hot in the sun. Two in the just seems a bit over the top. Maybe the next one needs to go on my motorcycle.
    Long Live Palm
    I've got one on my desk at work, and one on my desk in the home office.

For the folks who have one in the car: Doesn't the Pre just fly off the TS if you brake hard? Or, are none of you using a TS-compatible case? I guess without a case it'd be attached a little more firmly. I'm curious; I love the idea of putting one in my car but I'm afraid it'll fly right off!
    I have 3: one in my bathroom at home for overnight, one at the office, and one mounted with velcro on a proclip vehicle bracket in my RX8. (ProClip Mounting System¬*-¬*Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts) There are still touchstones at some Radio Shack stores for $20!
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
    Your Poll doesn't seem to think 0 is a valid answer for how many touchstones people own. Just an FYI
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    For everyone that has mentioned that they have one in their car, please post a pic of your setup in -
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ures-here.html
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Your Poll doesn't seem to think 0 is a valid answer for how many touchstones people own. Just an FYI
    Post #3
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    One at home Amazon 35.00. One in car Radio Shack 19.99 sale. I would probably get another one If I could discover a use for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Also, for all the people who are on the fence about getting a Touchstone, DO IT!

Like others have said, it's the best cell accessory ever.
    I could not agree more. I waited months before taking the dive. I have 3 right now and will most likely get another 2.

1 in my home office
    1 in my bedroom
    1 that i hope to install in my car this weekend.

I think I'll get another for my living room and one for my on site work office.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    So.. I have 0 Touchstones. Am I not welcome in this thread?
    What? Did somebody say something? 0 what?
    You will someday own a Touchstone and you will like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaferz View Post
    Had two of them, but one quit working.
    I bought 4.1 didn't work. I was getting the battery charged/charging issue. So I used the palm support chat today. Chatted with Palm support and they will have a new one out to me in 3-5 business days. Give it a try.
    Let's see. 1 the car, 3 total in the house, 2 in the living room, 1 in the bedroom. Another one at my daughters moms home. 5 total

One PRE and one Pixi.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast