View Poll Results: How many Touchstones do you use?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll

72 19.67%

143 39.07%

98 26.78%

34 9.29%
  • 5+

19 5.19%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Between my wife and I, we have 5.

1 - nightstand
    1 - kitchen counter
    1 - truck
    1 - my work
    1 - wife's work

The best part is that I've got them all, except for one, on sale. IMO, it's easily the best cell phone accessory ever made. Now if the Pre/Pixi batteries weren't so terrible, I may not need as many.
    I have 2 right now one for the car and one stick to the side of my dresser.
    Global Posts
    1,405 Global Posts
    I have 1. I use it at night and then throw it in my computer bag and move it around my house. I do need to get out and buy a few more.
    1- Dresser for overnight
    1- Desk for work during the day
    1- Car for keeping it going on the road
    1- In developemnt for USE ON MY MOTORCYCLE... wooooohoooooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Post #3 my friend.
    Oh. I did read all the posts here before posting that... I guess I missed it somehow
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I wish Canada would start marking them down...right now the kit with the back and touchstone is $79.99. Picking one up next week.

Don't, you can get then for 50 bucks off ebay, Bell is a ripe off and they deserve anymore money

also I'm sure the ebay price will come down soon too.

I wish I lived closer to the border so I could go over and pick 6 of them up then I would be complete.

I have 3 right now, I have 2 houses that I live in and need 2 in 2 bedrooms, 2 in each Car and 1for anywhere else
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    one on my computer desk and one in my jeep...thinking of picking up another one today at radioshack for at work!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I only have one for now. If I can can get them for under $20 - I might buy another. The only thing that is holding me back is Palm. My contract is up with Sprint and Palm still hasn't announced a future phone. I would buy two more tomorrow if I knew they would be used in the future. I think the touchstone is probably one of the neatest things about the Pre and Pixi.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Yikes we have FIVE! Both hubby and I have Pre Pluses, so: one downstairs, one at work, one on each of the night stands, and one in the car. LOVE TS. Just bought an extra for son who uses a Pixi--great deal at Radio Shack!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    I have 3:

1 at home
    1 at work
    1 mounted in my Ford Expedition

My wife also has one at home she uses with her Pixi.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I just got my third for work... so, I've got:

Home
    Car
    Work

Picked up the last one at RS for $15... Couldn't pass that up...
    None yet.
    Does the Touchstone charge any faster/slower than regular charging?
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    I dont get it.. Where are people finding them for $19.99 or $25, plus what about the extra cost for the wall charger itself?
    Well I got my Touchstone for $19.99 at The Shack and then I went on Amazon for got a wall charger (OEM north america version - yes there are two difference palm branded wall chargers - north america, and international) from the OEM Shop for $12 after S&H.

So for a total of about $35 I had a Touchstone with backcover with a wall charger.
    Anyone find a good way of mounting the Touchstone in a 2007+ model Honda Civic taht doesnt require tearing the dash apart?

The way the dash is shaped I have not been able to look at a way to mount it with anything that would allow it to sit where I can see it properly especially in the daylight.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Anyone find a good way of mounting the Touchstone in a 2007+ model Honda Civic taht doesnt require tearing the dash apart?

The way the dash is shaped I have not been able to look at a way to mount it with anything that would allow it to sit where I can see it properly especially in the daylight.
    This isn't specific for a Honda, but I mounted mine on a Bracketron Universal GPS/Phone mount with the vent kit (available at Radio Shack). I removed the two upper arms, pulled the two lower ones all the way down and mounted (with hot glue) the touchstone where the "palm" appears upside down to provide a suitable angle for the Pre to rest without bouncing off. It works well.

See attached picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    One on the nightstand, one in my car and one in my travel bag.
    Desk at work, one in the car , desk at home, and nightstand (never use it because
    1. I don't like the idea of the battery charging up/down all night.
    2. LCD being on all the time is irritating at night.
    3. I don't want burn in on the LCD, or the backlight being dimmed twice as fast because it runs 7-8 hours each day).

I find the TS one of the neatest hardware features of the Pre, other than the perfect size in the hand.
    2 here also... one at home and one in the office. I want one for the car, but will wait to see what the next WebOS device uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I meant to put an option for 0 but I forgot. I can't edit the poll. Sorry.

You all should have Touchstones anyway.
    if you want to give me one of yours, i'd love to vote on the poll for "1."
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast