Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I've had my Palm Pre Plus since the day it came out on Verizon, worked perfectly from what I remember, now it seems to be hotter than normal. I downloaded the temperature tweak to show up next to the battery and it's constantly around 35C - 40C. This gets really annoying when playing games like NOVA that require constant touching of the screen and it becomes very uncomfortable. Also when Mobile Hotspot is on, its around 45C! This is with the normal Pre 500mhz kernel. Is this normal?
  2. #2  
    Is this being done at room temperature or outside in the heat? Doesn't particularly seem normal for 500mhz. It's normal for the Pre to heat up for Mobile Hotspot and warm for 3D games. Do you have it plugged in?


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Is this being done at room temperature or outside in the heat? Doesn't particularly seem normal for 500mhz. It's normal for the Pre to heat up for Mobile Hotspot and warm for 3D games. Do you have it plugged in?
    Room temperature. Not plugged in. And I also noticed Mobile Hotspot drained my battery 54% in 15 minutes. And if I plug it in, it sucks more battery than it can charge, meaning the battery level goes down even if it's plugged in.
  4. #4  
    I only notice mine to be hot if its on the TouchStone.
  5. #5  
    Try shutting down, pull the battery for ten minutes or so and reboot.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eleedy View Post
    Room temperature. Not plugged in. And I also noticed Mobile Hotspot drained my battery 54% in 15 minutes. And if I plug it in, it sucks more battery than it can charge, meaning the battery level goes down even if it's plugged in.
    Would you happen to be in a poor signal area? I know that wifi tethering in a poor service area can really suck the battery dry quick...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Would you happen to be in a poor signal area? I know that wifi tethering in a poor service area can really suck the battery dry quick...
    Nope, I live in a huge suburb, have full bars almost 24/7. I think I'm going to return it because I've seen a lot of peoples Pre's on YouTube with the 800mhz at around 28C and mines never around there.
  8. #8  
    800Mhz and 28C is a exaggeration, but I do believe you have a problem with your phone. Possibly a heat sink issue, but the only true way is to monitor the CPU temp. If you are desperate enough, you could doctor your phone to rule out any software errors although I doubt it would solve it.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    800Mhz and 28C is a exaggeration, but I do believe you have a problem with your phone. Possibly a heat sink issue, but the only true way is to monitor the CPU temp. If you are desperate enough, you could doctor your phone to rule out any software errors although I doubt it would solve it.
    I just called Verizon and they're shipping me out a new phone. damn, I love this phone but some of the problems it has...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by eleedy View Post
    I just called Verizon and they're shipping me out a new phone. damn, I love this phone but some of the problems it has...
    Truthfully, every phone has its fair share of problems; you just don't hear about them. Go on other forums and you'll see the exact same issues.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Truthfully, every phone has its fair share of problems; you just don't hear about them. Go on other forums and you'll see the exact same issues.
    Haha, that's true. I'm actually one of the lucky ones. I'm still on my first one since Feb. until now of course.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by eleedy View Post
    Haha, that's true. I'm actually one of the lucky ones. I'm still on my first one since Feb. until now of course.
    The Pre I got in June met an unfortunate demise when I accidentally broke the screen However, the refurb I got in October is still going strong
  13. #13  
    I'm on my foruth Pre. All the predecessors are my own fault, but they had legitimate hardware concerns as well that I claimed as hardware defects. The lady at the Sprint knows my name by now... scary


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  14. #14  
    The guy at my Sprint store has not seen me since June. I am running the Uber-Kernel/Govnah app and my Pre hardly ever goes over 40 C.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions