Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @Ay, thank you so much for your help! I have been doing the merge successfully, though it is a bit time consuming. Is there any way to plug your Pre into a computer and edit your contacts in an external program or a spreadsheet or something? I assume the data is stored in some sort of database or tabular format in the phone. Any way to access it?

@jbg7474, you may have a point. Remember, I've only had a smart phone for a week ;-). Though if I'm probably not going to call or email 50% of my FB contacts, it seems like a waste to have them cluttering up contacts. But from a technical perspective, this is probably way easier for syncing. It would be nice if FB allowed you to put friends into categories like "acquaintance" and "good friend." But that's another topic entirely.
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolath View Post
    @Ay, thank you so much for your help! I have been doing the merge successfully, though it is a bit time consuming. Is there any way to plug your Pre into a computer and edit your contacts in an external program or a spreadsheet or something? I assume the data is stored in some sort of database or tabular format in the phone. Any way to access it?
    Check out http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information for some info to get you pointed in the right direction, but, again, I caution that this isn't necessarily a "user friendly"/noobie friendly means to your end. Caution advised! Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolath View Post

@jbg7474, you may have a point. Remember, I've only had a smart phone for a week ;-). Though if I'm probably not going to call or email 50% of my FB contacts, it seems like a waste to have them cluttering up contacts. But from a technical perspective, this is probably way easier for syncing. It would be nice if FB allowed you to put friends into categories like "acquaintance" and "good friend." But that's another topic entirely.
    Biggest advantage of syncing Facebook contacts is up-to-date contact pictures and having the e-mails for people. There are a lot of people that I need to e-mail that I might not have an e-mail for them from Google contacts and it makes it easier not having to look it up.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Ay, thanks so much! I've downloaded the quick webOS installer and started doing tweaks and all sorts of cool stuff. Very awesome!
    what's the easiest way to get my Palm profile contacts to my gmail? and will the contact pics be moved too?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12