Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    My memory is full and I can't figure out how to delete songs off my pre. I would like to be to delete by artist, not by song if at all possible. Also is there any way to delete entire photo albums instead of picture by picture?
    To delete songs you need to connect via usb to your pc,
    then open music folder and delete them from there,
    as for pics i think it's 1 at a time i'm afraid.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Plug your phone in to computer, select USB, open it up like a drive on your computer and delete what you want. Same with photos, which should be in dcim folder.
    there is a homebrew app called "internalz" you can install with preware or web os qi, it will allow you to swipe to delete files within the app right from your pre.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I prob should have mentioned Im using a MAC so I might not be looking at the same screen you guys are....Thanks for that Internalz tip
    Quote Originally Posted by hubz1124 View Post
    I prob should have mentioned Im using a MAC so I might not be looking at the same screen you guys are....Thanks for that Internalz tip
    your welcome, it works great, you will have to turn on the swipe to delete function in the menu of the app, it's defaulted off i guess so you can't accidentally delete stuff....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    If you added your music by dragging and dropping then yes, you can browse to it with Internalz or connected to your Mac as USB (I do everything I can from my Pre so Internalz is the preferred method for me).

However if you added your music by syncing an older version of iTunes, you won't be able to tell which folder has what. You would have to either re-sync with the music you want removed out of your playlist or turn off the media sync feature and then drag and drop the music you want back to your pre in whatever folder you want in /media/internal/ then you could manage it using Internalz.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I just got done searching through Preware and I dont see it...Am i missing something?
    I just got done searching through Preware and I dont see it...Am i missing something?
    From the main preware screen just type Internalz and press enter. Should be v.1.0.1

It also requires the FileMgr service.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 05/20/2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: more info
    most currant version of preware 1.0? i just searched on my pre and preware found it spelled with a "z" internalz
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    OK so i got the Internalz downloaded...I doesnt appear as if swipe to delete is working on music files or picture folders....When I connect to my mac, my media come up as one ridiculously long list and it would be a pain to go through it all and delete song by song
    Get Doubletwist. It is a free and very good, media syncing program. Install it and then plug in your pre and you can use it like itunes.
    OK so i got the Internalz downloaded...I doesnt appear as if swipe to delete is working on music files or picture folders....When I connect to my mac, my media come up as one ridiculously long list and it would be a pain to go through it all and delete song by song
    Swipe to delete is in the preferences, turn it on.

But swipe delete and tap delete are the same number of steps.....

So take your pic.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Swipe to delete is in the preferences, turn it on.

But swipe delete and tap delete are the same number of steps.....

So take your pic.
    Yea I turned it on....It seems to work with contacts, just not my music files
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    seriously? It's fine to say just 'Mac' or 'mac'.

Why it's required for people to say they have a MAC is beyond me. It's not an acronym. I suppose you could call it 'My Awesome Computer' or 'Mom's Amazing Calculator' but it's really not necessary.
    Yea I turned it on....It seems to work with contacts, just not my music files
    Swipe to delete in the preferences in Internalz is only for when you are in Internalz. Swipe to delete does not work in the music app.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    seriously? It's fine to say just 'Mac' or 'mac'.

Why it's required for people to say they have a MAC is beyond me. It's not an acronym. I suppose you could call it 'My Awesome Computer' or 'Mom's Amazing Calculator' but it's really not necessary.
    um... okay, sorry bro....Who said MAC anyway?