1.    #1  
    hello ths is not a verizon agps issue. But when I open an app tht needs gps is does not ask to allow gps or not. It used to but no longer works
    check your locations services, make sure auto locate is on.

go to the "preferences" top menu
    locate me using GPS and Google should be checked.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nextjeter2 View Post
    hello ths is not a verizon agps issue. But when I open an app tht needs gps is does not ask to allow gps or not. It used to but no longer works
    I don't recall ever being presented with such a question. The question is always asked when I go to DOWNLOAD such an app, but not when I use it. Are you sure you're not thinking of this? I'm on Sprint on a Pre (not Plus obviously) for whatever it's worth, and if it's even possible (although I don't think so?) that different carriers would have the phone respond differently when GPS requesting apps launch.
    also, restart the phone. I've had it stop asking before, and a restart seemed to take care of it...
  5.    #5  
    tried tht nd no I want auto locate off so it asks me each time nd it is no longef asking
    I just replaced my Pre+, and the aGPS fix doesn't seem to be helping anymore... any ideas?
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    also, restart the phone. I've had it stop asking before, and a restart seemed to take care of it...
    tried tht nd no I want auto locate off so it asks me each time nd it is no longef asking
    It appears I stand corrected. I leave auto locate on - perhaps that explains why I've never been asked that question except for on download of the apps. Sorry I couldn't help.
    Haha..I know exactly what you mean...You mean that little dialogue box that ask you to enable GPS for an app. Well this is what i did. Turn on location service,gps and google service. Restart the phone. Then after the phone is restarted, turn off gps and location services and then i'll work again.