Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got mine Monday and noticed a tiny black dot but thought it was something beneath the factory screen protector. Well today the screen protector came off in my pocket and I found that the dot is a dead pixel!

Now everytime I look at it all I see is a dead pixel. Has anyone else gotten a Pre + with a dead pixel? I know that a certain number is allowable but what is the groups opinion?
    In my experience 40% of devices with lcds (yes even tvs) will have a stuck or dead pixel
    I'm on my 5th Pre (most are my fault - so don't flame about build quality).

I haven't seen a dead pixel on any of them. 2 new ones and 3 refurbs...
    Nope, AT&T release day Pre+. No dead pixels. Lovely phone.
    no dead pixels, but when the phone gets hot there are white spots where wverything is slightly whiter in some splotches around the screen.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I occasionally get 3 stuck white pixels but after some time they go away. Also there is an app that may help you fix yours (if they are stuck) called "Dead Pixel Fixer". It should have a better name cause if they pixels are dead then there is NO fix.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I get stuck pixels on black every time I put screen protectors like Zagg, Phantom Skinz, and Best Skins Ever. I don't know why but it's not a big bother on a small screen.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I have some.. Pre plus will be changed..
    Hope I get one where there is noch oreo effect..
    Have two stuck green pixels. I didn't even notice them until 2 weeks after I'm settled into the phone. So I just ignore it since they only show at certain angles.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'm on my 4th device (not as bad as it sounds - I'm picky) and when I got my current device I found a dead/stuck pixel on it in the lower left. Because the hardware on this one is the most solid I've had, I decided to simply accept it. Once I accepted it, I was able to pretty much ignore it. But.. it would be a different story if it were in the middle of the screen. I know that Sprint always replaced the phone if there was a stuck/dead pixel, so you might want to check with AT&T while it is still young and get them to swap it out.
    I had 2 pres that had a dead pixel; they both appeared after closing the slider and powering off at the same time. Both were replaced. Regardless to say I don’t power off and close the slider anymore. =D
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    In my experience 40% of devices with lcds (yes even tvs) will have a stuck or dead pixel
    no dead pixel and never had one on any of my LCDs
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Got my replacement today. Like a new phone.. No dead pixels and the built quality is much better compared to my first device.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Have two stuck green pixels. I didn't even notice them until 2 weeks after I'm settled into the phone. So I just ignore it since they only show at certain angles.
    You should be able to get them unstuck if you read a post I made higher up.
    I had the same issue and every now and then I just need to get them unstuck. Doesn't happen too often though. Like twice in 6 months....
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    You should be able to get them unstuck if you read a post I made higher up.
    I had the same issue and every now and then I just need to get them unstuck. Doesn't happen too often though. Like twice in 6 months....
    Didn't work. Like I said it's not bothering me so I guess I'll leave it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I had dead pixel on my at&t pre...got it replaced at store..first the manager said I could not see it but we will replace it!
    None on our 3 Sprint Pres.
  18. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have a stuck pixel in the dead center of my 12 day old pre+. I have tried the dead pixel fixer for about 30 minutes last night, but no luck so far. Is there a way to force the screen to stay on when I am using the dead pixel fixer app? Also, if this app has worked for anyone, how long did it take?
    The first two I was given on the day I bought my Palm Pre had dead pixels. When I'm paying that much for a device I expect it to be perfect... and third one was!
    I have at least 5 stuck pixels but I only notice on black screens so it doesn't really bother me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast