1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a back up website like Dashwire for the Pre?

I was using Dashwire on my Moto Q9 before I bought the Pre and I kinda miss it... It backed up everything including calls, texts and bookmarks. Anyone know of a alternative that works with webos?
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    I don't believe that one exists for WebOS.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    Man! You guys are fast! lol Thanks, Not what I wanted to hear but.. it is what it is. I keep hearing Dashwire is going to add webos but it's been months of nothing

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    there is a preware app called save/restore for applications. Everything else you just use the usb cable and copy it to your PC.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    There's also a Pre Backup Utility app that saves all kinds of data from the phone.

The latest version isn't in Preware right now, but you can download it from the link above and install it via WebOS Quick Install. It works very well.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    There's also a Pre Backup Utility app that saves all kinds of data from the phone.

The latest version isn't in Preware right now, but you can download it from the link above and install it via WebOS Quick Install. It works very well.

Rob
    I installed from Preware, think I just updated today actually.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I installed from Preware, think I just updated today actually.
    I saw it in Preware this morning, but it looked like it had been taken down this afternoon. Not sure what that means, but the direct ipk I linked to is working fine after I installed it. Hopefully it's in Preware for everyone else and my experience was just a brief hiccup.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
  8.    #8  
    Thanks all, I'll try out the recommendations here..

BTW, I emailed Dashwire about the pre and they don't plan on doing anything for webos..

here's a c/p of the email text.

Greetings from Dashwire! Thank you for your inquiry concerning support for your
    phone.

Dashwire is currently available only for Windows Mobile 5 and 6 phones.

Unfortunately Palm runs on it's own operating system that we do not plan on
    supporting.

Sincerely,

Dashwire Customer Care

Check us out on Facebook and Twitter (@dashwire)!

On Thu May 20 18:49:00 2010, rvc03@xxxxxxx wrote:
    > Login: roncgizmo
    > Email: rvc03@xxxxxxxx
    > Category: Feature Requests
    > Logfile: yes
    >
    > Description:Hello, Do you guy's plan on adding the Palm Pre to your
    > list anytime soon?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ron

END

Sad, it's the best BU service I ever used..

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    The Pre backup utility by DrewPre works great. After doctoring this weekend it put everything back where it belonged. Major time saver.