1.    #1  
    Dynex Microphone Headset for Select Music Mobile Phones

This adapter allows you to add a microphone to your standard stereo headphone jack so you can switch between music and calls on your Palm Pre.

Works in my car perfectly and it's no more than 10 bucks at best buy. I found it in the Apple accessory area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Dynex Microphone Headset for Select Music Mobile Phones

This adapter allows you to add a microphone to your standard stereo headphone jack so you can switch between music and calls on your Palm Pre.

Works in my car perfectly and it's no more than 10 bucks at best buy. I found it in the Apple accessory area.
    hmmmm..i dont have a problem switching between calls and Music. Matter of fact, my Pre does it flawlessly. When a call comes, the Pre stops the music and i switch to "speaker", then i can talk into the Pre's speaker and hear my caller in the cars speakers.
  3.    #3  
    do you use something for the cars speaker. My problem is the caller on the other line can't hear me when the phone is plugged in to my radio. I needed a mic attached to my phone so they ca hear me. If I just used the pre's speakerphone function, the caller can hear me, but I have a harder time making out what they are saying unless it's really quiet.
    The Headset that comes with the pre has a microphone in it.
    Look closely at the Y splitter and you will see a button and a mic.
    The button will also advance your music to the next track.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    The Headset that comes with the pre has a microphone in it.
    Look closely at the Y splitter and you will see a button and a mic.
    The button will also advance your music to the next track.
    I still have my earphones, but I want to keep it just for that and have something dedicated in my car. I would have moved to that if I didn't find what I was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    do you use something for the cars speaker. My problem is the caller on the other line can't hear me when the phone is plugged in to my radio. I needed a mic attached to my phone so they ca hear me. If I just used the pre's speakerphone function, the caller can hear me, but I have a harder time making out what they are saying unless it's really quiet.
    Yes...I know that. basically when you get a call in, you have to switch it from microphone to speaker.You do this by answer the call and then clicking the area where you normally switch to bluetooth with. Im able to receive calls and then talk through the Pre's speak with my cheap Cassette adapter.
    Yeah, I never figured out how to fix it either. I finally had to buy a bluetooth car handset, glad you found a reasonably priced solution.
    This Dynex solution is also nice because it comes with an extension. That means you can potentially move the microphone closer to you, even clipping it on your seatbelt if you want. So your Pre could be on the dash, but your callers might still be able to hear you pretty well. Note that the mic portion also has the button, and it performs the same function as the button on the Palm included headset.

For $10, you can't beat it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    this beats the heck out of having to restart the Pre every time you connect it to a car radio's aux input! Thanks!
  10.    #10  
    Your welcome. Just make sure you let people know, whenever they ask about a patch.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    This Dynex solution is also nice because it comes with an extension. That means you can potentially move the microphone closer to you, even clipping it on your seatbelt if you want. So your Pre could be on the dash, but your callers might still be able to hear you pretty well. Note that the mic portion also has the button, and it performs the same function as the button on the Palm included headset.

For $10, you can't beat it.
    OMG! I didn't even notice the button. Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, you can't beat 10 bucks for this workaround.
    I'm able to talk on regular headphones (no mic on the headphones, it uses the pre's mic) but when I have it hooked up to the car it does it where the other person can't hear me. Does the Pre sense something different when I plug in the auxilary cord? To me it seems like there wouldn't be a difference between headphones and an aux cord.