Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know when NFL Mobile will be coming to the Palm Pre Plus? Kinda surprised it is not already there, it worked on the palm pre for Sprint, why not Verizon? This app was the one app I was looking forward to, and now I am really ****ed I can't get it. Hope someone has some positive answers.
    http://www.precentral.net/verizon-sn...ontract-sprint

It's coming....these things take some time.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Actually the App is already out for the other phones and has been for some time. Just none of the smartphones. Typically anything Verizon makes apps wise is for the multimedia phones and dumbmphones
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Settle down. It's coming...
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    A rep from "The Office of the President" of Verizon (who called me in reference to an email I had written regarding GPS issues) told me that we would have NFL Mobile available for Pre and Pixi before the first game of the season. (She didn't specify preseason or regular season, but she said it's coming. She also said she and her husband have the Pre.)
    Funny ... I was just thinking about this same thing yesterday and had planned to post about it. Thanks for saving me the trouble. I got the NFL app for my BB Storm, and then three days later switched to the Pre Plus. I asked the guy in the store if the Pre came with the NFL app as well. He said, "Uhh ... yeah, I would think so." It doesn't yet, obviously.
    I am going to MISS that app soooo much come football season. ::shakes fist at Sprint:: curse you!
    i thought the only thing the sprint app lost was the ability to watch live games? i found the quality there to be sorely lacking myself, so never used it.

by the time the NFL season starts up we should be able to use slingplayer for a far better viewing experience all around anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by rswst8 View Post
    i thought the only thing the sprint app lost was the ability to watch live games? i found the quality there to be sorely lacking myself, so never used it.

by the time the NFL season starts up we should be able to use slingplayer for a far better viewing experience all around anyway.
    Actually, what we lost (that was huge to me) was the live audio streaming of games. I could plug my Pre into a set of speakers and listen to a game perfectly! It's gone now though... ::sniff:: It really kills me living in the Chi area where very few of my games are broadcast.
    each NFL team has a network of radio stations that carry their games.
    many of these stations offer free streaming from their own website.
    FreeFootballRadio-Your source for free internet football game broadcasts

(many of the streams are flash-based, but we should have that by the start of the season)

other options:
    sirius satellite radio has audio feeds of every game.

directv dvr with sunday ticket + slingplayer, you could watch every game played.
    Quote Originally Posted by rswst8 View Post
    each NFL team has a network of radio stations that carry their games.
    many of these stations offer free streaming from their own website.
    FreeFootballRadio-Your source for free internet football game broadcasts

(many of the streams are flash-based, but we should have that by the start of the season)

other options:
    sirius satellite radio has audio feeds of every game.

directv dvr with sunday ticket + slingplayer, you could watch every game played.
    That link will show you a list of local stations who stream audio, but they will not stream actual games because of NFL restrictions. Hate to say it... but the NFL allows only LOCAL RADIO streaming of their games. The NFL Network owns all rights to game broadcasts and does not allow stations to stream actual games over the Internet. Only Pre and Post game shows can be streamed - not the games themselves. The only streaming of games you will find (outside of the NFL app which Sprint doesn't have anymore) is on the NFL site (or subsidiary) where you log in with a paid NFL Season Pass. The new Sprint app may have licensed a couple of games, but you cannot stream every game now because it isn't the 'licensed' NFL app (which is what Verizon paid millions for).
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/21/2010 at 04:26 PM.
    Yeah, it stinks for us Sprint users, but there will be ways, Flash is the key.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That link will show you a list of local stations who stream audio, but they will not stream actual games because of NFL restrictions. Hate to say it... but the NFL allows only LOCAL RADIO streaming of their games. The NFL Network owns all rights to game broadcasts and does not allow stations to stream actual games over the Internet. Only Pre and Post game shows can be streamed - not the games themselves. The only streaming of games you will find (outside of the NFL app which Sprint doesn't have anymore) is on the NFL site (or subsidiary) where you log in with a paid NFL Season Pass. The new Sprint app may have licensed a couple of games, but you cannot stream every game now because it isn't the 'licensed' NFL app (which is what Verizon paid millions for).
    Actually you can get lucky and find some.

When I lived in Chicago, I found a station in Hernando Co. that had the stream of Buccaneers games and I would connect my Droid to my car and listen that way.
    I currently have the NFL Mobile app on my BlackBerry Tour from Verizon. Had it since the day the app was officially announced. It will come to Palm devices by the time the preseason starts. Right now the app only shows most of the draft stuff that we already know. Also if I remember right ESPN has some pretty decent NFL coverage along with the FOX, CBS and NBC sites so you could always go there for news. ESPN also has this service to where you can get the scores sent to you as a text for free and it's not carrier specific. The Palm presence on Verizon's network isn't as great as the Android and BlackBerry one so that's why the app wasn't available at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwilliams268 View Post
    I currently have the NFL Mobile app on my BlackBerry Tour from Verizon. Had it since the day the app was officially announced. It will come to Palm devices by the time the preseason starts. ...
    LOL... thanks, but the NFL app has been on the Sprint Pre since day 1. It was recently pulled as Sprint lost the bidding war in April to Verizon - who is paying the NFL $720 million to get the exclusive for this application.
    It's not that we are waiting for it... but that we are upset that Sprint lost it. The new 'football app' from Sprint is almost the same, but doesn't offer the streaming audio for games because that was part of the NFL contract licensing.
    Quote Originally Posted by djstarion View Post
    Actually you can get lucky and find some.

When I lived in Chicago, I found a station in Hernando Co. that had the stream of Buccaneers games and I would connect my Droid to my car and listen that way.
    Yeah.. there are a few 'pirate' radio stations that will stream stuff, but the NFL has sued the holy-handgrenades off of many of those stations for stealing content.
    LOL... thanks, but the NFL app has been on the Sprint Pre since day 1.
    Yeah my gf use to tease me all the time with her Sprint Pixi, but now with my Verizon Tour I've can get her back, but at the same time she has the NASCAR App which holds the upper hand. I should've stated that I had the app since Verizon launched it.
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    $720 mill??????? I guess Verizion isn't going to lower their prices any time soon. I loved the app while I had it but I only got Sprint in December of 2009. So I'll go back to the Blogs for the updates.
    Yeah.. there are a few 'pirate' radio stations that will stream stuff, but the NFL has sued the holy-handgrenades off of many of those stations for stealing content.
    I love any reference to Holy Hand Grenades.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    I love any reference to Holy Hand Grenades.
    Heh Heh...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast