Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Just saw the nextgenserver unlocked working on palm pre plus for at&t so my question is this, will I have to activate it in the us to have palm profiles and app catalog or can I ship it directly to my country Egypt?
    At the moment, if u want to see and download free app back in Egypt, u'd have to activate it in the official country.

Let's hope Palm will abolish this stupid geofiltering thingy in the near future.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    So can anyone post a new palm pre plus for at&t unlocked and activated on ebay I am willing to pay 450$
    As far as I have been made aware. For it to access the catolog you have to have to be able to create a palm profile when you first have to activate the phone. Also the catolog you get will be specific to the country you activate it in. So if activated in us you will get the full catalogue, if activated first in egypt you will get no catalogue.
    If buying paid apps, you also need a credit card from the country you activate your pre from, so in your case, a us credit card.

So I think you need to get it activated in the us before shipping. If I'm wrong please correct me.
    [QUOTE=tomi666;2463847]You can pay with a Simon gift account.
    [url]

Khaled, you are aware of the differences between European GSM Pre Plus and the US version?
    [url]

Thanks, I knew there was some solution to that, just could not remember what it was called.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Actually I don't care about paid apps what I care about is the price and activation
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    At the moment, if u want to see and download free app back in Egypt, u'd have to activate it in the official country.

Let's hope Palm will abolish this stupid geofiltering thingy in the near future.
    Geofilter is fine, I don't want apps specific to US only anways. Just that the way they check now is stupid. If it's tied to the profile it should be fine instead of to device now.

Probably now they go this route is to avoid taxes issues.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 05/20/2010 at 09:34 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    isn't hp buying palm first they should open their palm profiles internationally without any location limitation
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    here in egypt everyone uses nokia, blackberry and iphone.
    I showed my friends the palm pre and they were stunned I mean palm could sell millions here!!!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I don't have a data plan so 3g is a no go for me ,what I want is an unlocked pre plus for 450$ and 5 paid apps only!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Yes, that's nice.
    What's more important, are the bands your network uses.
    You could of course ignore this and buy a US GSM, and then notice you can't get 3G because you actually needed the European GSM.
    I'm no expert, just a parrot.

And you could even activate a Pre on the moon, provided your lunar accomodation has WiFi.
    But activating it outside official Palm territory would leave you paid-apps-less.
    Even if you activate it on official soil, if your country is on the 'black list' you won't see any apps.
    Humorous detail is Palm tech support center is based in Argentina and Argentina is on the black list.
    Actually, mafiaboy01 activated his AT&T Pre Plus in Canada and he has US paid apps... so that got me confused.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    why is it a pain even after it came to at&t
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    they are not doing what it takes to sell alot of these by blocking international support
    as for flash I take that back it's horrible!!!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    So I found one on ebay, since it's not unlocked if I ship it to my country and unlock it using nexgenserver will I be stuck at first use and no access to app catalog or should I tell the seller to activate it using an at&t simcard?
    Egypt uses 2100 for UMTS, why don't you wait a week and get the UK QWERTY Pre Plus instead? The AT&T one won't work in 3G there.

Well QWERTZ would be better in that case... it would probably be available unlocked stock and less dramatic change than AZERTY.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I am really sorry for any disturbance but all this have to do with 3year old nokia that is driving me nuts!!!
    anyways, tomi666 could you give me a link to an azerty pre plus?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm that this is activated and has app catalog access in english?
    Last edited by Khaled93; 05/21/2010 at 01:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    from your experience if i got this unused by the seller and unlocked it will it bypass first use screen or will i be stuck forever?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast