1.    #1  
    Well, my first Pre totally seized up and was unrecoverable. Many thanks to all here on the forums who tried to help me, but it was not fixable and so my replacement arrived today.

First impressions of the new device: the keyboard is MUCH better - softer touch, more responsive, feels faster. Also, the slider is much tighter and virtually no play. Also, seems relatively fast for a stock unit. (I was running the uber-kernel at 800mhz prior to the crash)

However, I was surprised that it shipped with WebOS 1.4.0. In process of updating to 1.4.1.1 now.

After that, I'd like some thoughts from you guys on what to load and in priority order.

I had Preware installed, numerous patches, tweaks and, as stated, was running UK and Govnah.

I have a sense of what I'd like to do. And certainly there's threads on here with patch recommendations and what-not. But, I guess my question is - if you had to do it over (like I'm doing now) what would you do to your Pre, knowing what you know now. Does that make sense?

Just curious how you would go about tweaking your Pre the second time around the block.

Thanks all!
    I would start out installing Preware. Then installing a few cosmetic patches like 4x4 Icons V3, Battery Percentage, Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Only, and Ultimate Top Bar Icon Mod Tool (not a shameless plug for my own patch... I just like having colored icons ). I would then probably install Uber Kernal and Govnah.
    I'd tweak and patch the hell out of it just like the first one. There's no difference in phones. Some of that is a placebo effect while the others are just things that will break in like the slider tightness.
  4.    #4  
    @Abyssul: Cracking me up! LOL!
    i usually go an install unixpsycho's compcache kernel or a version of it before anything else. I hate going thru and installing all my patches when im running at 500mhz
    Hope this one goes better for you. And patch a way.
    I would load every tweak, patch, and app I currently have (I've actually done this a couple times when I exchanged phones - due to webOS issues, not hardware). Can't imagine my phone without all the things I've done to it.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Yup.. same here... load it up to the gills with the patches that make it how you want it. Preware is the first thing I'd put on it, and then UK and Govnah.

I swapped my device out a month or so ago and the new unit I got (not refurb) was a LOT tighter for the slider (and still is) and had a better feel to the keyboard. Strange thing is that the screen isn't as crisp and seems just slightly fuzzy. I swapped it with another device the next day and the screen was the same way, so I just accepted it.

Dig into the patches, add a new boot screen, throw on your favorite apps and enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I'd tweak and patch the hell out of it just like the first one. There's no difference in phones. Some of that is a placebo effect while the others are just things that will break in like the slider tightness.
    I'm with you on this one. That's what The Doc is for, to put everything back if/when you screw it up - or even if/when you've decided that you want to start over again without having to take it back.