Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Life was good. I have a beautiful wife. The Reds are winning. I cut down on my weekly amount of pizza and beer . . . and my Palm Pre was working great.

I then dropped it in a sink of water. I got it out quick and dried it with a blow dryer . . bag of rice overnight. It works for the most part but acting weird. The biggest noticeable difference is a full battery charge last for a whopping 7 hrs. Before the water . . . two days.

Life was good.

ET
    Why in the world would you cut down on the pizza and beer!!!!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Metabolism not as fast as it used to be?
    Yes... life is good (except for the Red's thing)

I would have suggested leaving the device in the rice (hey it rhymes!) for more than a night. Usually, most sites suggest 24 to 48 hours. You may simply have a bad battery now. You could get a new one and see... but I sure hope you got every trace of water out... you didn't give it much time.
    ur battery lasted 2 days?!?!?!?!?
    Don't think I could give up the beer and the pizza myself.
    And I think a new battery would solve your problem. But 7 hours ain so bad, I burn mine up faster than that, but that's probably because I always have precentral open in the browser.
    Yea, frankly I'm skeptical on it lasting two days. Sorry that happened to you though. :/
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes... life is good (except for the Red's thing)

I would have suggested leaving the device in the rice (hey it rhymes!) for more than a night. Usually, most sites suggest 24 to 48 hours. You may simply have a bad battery now. You could get a new one and see... but I sure hope you got every trace of water out... you didn't give it much time.
    Yeah, probably. The thing is it didn't get that wet (I thought). I mean I had head sets plugged in and pulled it out from under the water within a second. I immediately took it apart and got a blow dryer on it. But . . . you're right. I should have left it in the rice longer.

The thing is, why would the small amount of water affect the battery life? <sigh>

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    ...The thing is, why would the small amount of water affect the battery life? <sigh>ET
    H2O + electricity (of any type) + electronic device / time = bad
    My battery lasted two days until 2 updates ago. (The 1.3.5 I think.)
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    even just on and not using there is no way battery can last 2 days. I have read hundreds and hundreds of post about batterys and no one has ever gotten two days out of a charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    even just on and not using there is no way battery can last 2 days. I have read hundreds and hundreds of post about batterys and no one has ever gotten two days out of a charge.
    I don't think anyone has any reason to lie about it, certainly not myself. I've referred to my battery information in passing the past.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2267688 post 42

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2147397 Posts 314, 315

I used to drop 15-20% total from the time I got off the charger to the time I got home. Depending on what I did during the day I never hit the end of the day with less than 40-60% left. I work normally 9-8, and really only use the phone for an hour during lunch and on my breaks. Now I'm dropping 15-20% or more just from the time I take it off the charger in the morning to the time I take my lunch around 12:30pm or so. That is a big difference. I'm doing the over clocking since govnah hit the scene, but it was bad even before then. One of the updates did it. I did a full drain this week and recharge, it's stabilized some, but I'm not getting nothing close to what I did previously.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    If you notice the order in which he listed his actions, it would appear that cutting down on pizza and beer was the root cause of his problems...
    If I just used my Pre for phone calls, then yes, it could last 2 days.

But I DON'T! He heheheheheh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    If I just used my Pre for phone calls, then yes, it could last 2 days.

But I DON'T! He heheheheheh!!!

p0rn addict
    .:jIbMo:. (biatch)

Sprint Palm Pre, previously Moto Q9c, Moto Q

Palm is da bomb, don't hate!
    bwuhahahahahahaha **** addicted thats funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    While I do love the Pre+ and all that it can do (3d games, web browsing, etc.), the majority of the time, my Pre+ is my phone... period.

That being said, I've had the phone for about a month now... cycled the battery 5 or 6 times in the first week or so that I had it.

At noon today (12 hours ago), I took my Pre+ off the Touchstone. Since then I've sent/received maybe a dozen texts, checked Preware for updates (there were none that I needed) and took a couple short calls (5 minutes or so). So yeah, it was a "light usage" day. Anyway, I'm currently sitting at 86% charge. So with light usage, I'm averaging a bit over 1% battery usage per hour. So if I were to continue on this same trend, my battery would last until sometime late Saturday / early Sunday, either of which is more than 2 days.

And before you ask... yes, I do have the stock battery.
    Last edited by ScorpionSoul; 05/20/2010 at 12:16 AM.
    see thats carma punishing you for cutting down on beer. ;-)
    Good God, man, what were you thinking? Pizza AND beer? Wouldn't one or the other have been a more prudent start? There is bad mojo around you!
    I think the decreased battery life is a fair trade-off for the Reds winning. Priorities, man...we're talking baseball!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast