Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Just got a new second Pre after 10 months with my original one from Sprint. Does anybody know if Palm manufactured new Palm phones after the oreo effect and battery door issues for Sprint? I've noticed theres a bright green reset button and the reception metal is a brighter yellow. The keyboard seems softer as well.
    Use a mirror and post pics.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    They improved hardware quality for sure but this sounds strange definitely looking for pics
    I definitely wanna see a bright green button. My Pre was replaced a little over a month ago and I don't have that.
    Definitly interested in this green reset button now.
    Green button? Hmmm.... can you see a number in this picture?

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Heres a picture taken from my wife's pixi. These things are different than my original pre. Maybe its just refurbished parts? or are they hardware upgrades to make the hardware a bit better? (e.g. bad reception)

That isn't a reset button that is a sticker over one of the screws holding it together lol
    That's not a green button. It's a screw.

The unit has been repaired and the original "Palm" warranty sticker is replaced with a green sticker.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    its a pressable button? or just a plasti@ bit? edit - nevermind, posted too late heh
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Lol could've tried to press it. Green sticker? lol should have just made a black sticker. green looks like button. The reception tape is brighter though. so there must have been a different run on the assembly line OR its just cheaper tape they used?
    it's very sensitive and delicate--basically will fall apart if you try to peel it up (to remove the screw). so you have to be ULTRA careful or they will know you've taken your phone apart, etc.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    That makes sense. With a bright color, you could see imperfections in the sticker allowing them to judge the warranty better.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

no... (i'm partially colour blind!)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

is it a number between 44 and 46?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    Heres a picture taken from my wife's pixi. These things are different than my original pre. Maybe its just refurbished parts? or are they hardware upgrades to make the hardware a bit better? (e.g. bad reception)

I have an older, first gen. Pre. Maybe the yellow tape fades over time. The area occupied by the "green button" in your Pre is occupied by a recess which is covered by a tiny "Palm" logo.
    I got my refurb about 2 months ago to replace one from last October. My original had Oreo literally after I got in my car after I left the store. My refurb has yet to get it so they definitely upped the hardware quality.
    I too have had two replacement Pres and the build quality on these have been better. The one I'm currently using was suffering from a distorted speaker however. Still, the sliders on both devices have been sturdier with only slight oreo. I haven't had oreo as bad as some other people though, but I have played with some demo units that had horrible oreo. The only thing I don't like about this new one (that I'm going to try to also get changed at the sprint store) is the keyboard. This keyboard's keys are really hard to press, making it hard to type fast one handed because the technician who changed my Pre's speaker and headset (said they tend to go out so he changed it just in case) said Palm has sent them toolkits to work on current Pre devices with hardware problems. I think it's nice (although expected) of Palm to do this because they know we're tired of faulty hardware while waiting on a new device.
    Last edited by jrdatrackstar; 09/19/2010 at 09:20 PM.
    i just took my pre to a sprint store cuz the slider's oreo got so bad the screen fell off (screws came loose) and the repaired in quick n painless but ripped my palm warranty sticker... will that effect me at all? i have insurance with sprint..... i noticed in the store and didn't say anything but now this thread got me thinking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast