Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Once my battery gets somewhat below 30% it seems to drop from there down to 0% very quickly. Will recharge just fine.

Is the problem likely the battery itself, or could it be something else?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    i just noticed this myself today as well... i guess i didn't have the battery on my touchstone or something the proper way, or i took it off in the middle of the night maybe? i don't know, in any case i was on the train this morning, which is about 1 hr door to door, so i'm on my phone for probably 45 mins of that time. i went from ~30 percent to 0 in like a half hour, i actually had to put it in airplane mode on the subway because it'd have died looking for a signal at 0 percent.

does anyone else have this problem?
    do either of you have the patch that shows the actual battery percentage in the system menu?

Only thing i could think of is that it is reporting a different measurment to the UI and its getting stuck at 30 when in actuality it has been dropping below?

just a thought
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    do either of you have the patch that shows the actual battery percentage in the system menu?

Only thing i could think of is that it is reporting a different measurment to the UI and its getting stuck at 30 when in actuality it has been dropping below?

just a thought
    No but I have the battery monitor app so I can check the actual percent. Never have seen a huge difference in the UI number.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    It is the battery. Mine too goes from 9% to 0% almost instantly. It's most likely related to plugging it in or setting it on the Touchstone to top off the battery too frequently. Happens to laptops too. Good thing Pre batteries are cheaper. :P
  6.    #6  
    Planning on getting a Mugen 1400 anyhow. Hope that improves things.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I just encountered this issue as of late. It was my battery. I got a new one from Precentral (The A-battery stock and it arrived today) and so far, it seems that my older battery was the issue. The new one went down to 9% before I stuck it back on the charger earlier today. My older battery w/o fail would hit 30% and immediately drop to 0%.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    It is the battery. Mine too goes from 9% to 0% almost instantly. It's most likely related to plugging it in or setting it on the Touchstone to top off the battery too frequently. Happens to laptops too. Good thing Pre batteries are cheaper. :P
    o yea forgot to mention mine goes from 0 to 5 almost instantly.

and it's almost impossible to keep THIS phone off the charger!
    Same here, 30 to 0 in a flash. I do have the battery % patch, but this was happening before I installed it, I just assume my battery is giving soon.
    Yeah, I've noticed this too. I wasn't sure if it was some app running in the background, or perhaps the 800mhz patch. I'm hoping a new battery does the trick.
    my battery goes from 9%-to phone shutting off within 30 sec

i have no apps running in the background/gps turne off manual email chech and led notifications turned off
    I have the same problem. If my phone says 30% (I have the patch) and use it to send a text or whatever, it goes from 30 to 0 in a matter of seconds.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Similar thing happens to me too-- instant drop from 20% to 0%. I will say though that 0% doesn't always mean 0%-- I have kept the phone on for at least 2 hours at 0% without it shutting off (although I didn't use it for anything).
    I haven't run into this yet, but I definitely appreciate the heads-up and will keep an eye on it. 'Course, my phone is on the TS alot 'cause it's so darn convenient.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    I will say though that 0% doesn't always mean 0%-- I have kept the phone on for at least 2 hours at 0% without it shutting off (although I didn't use it for anything).
    Not me! When it suddenly drops to 0%, if I don't get it plugged in pretty quick it shuts down totally, and sometimes has to be plugged in for 5-10 minutes before the big battery/lightning icon and then can take as long as another 15 minutes before it totally restarts.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Just out of curiosity, how many of us, who have the 30% to 0% problem have patches?

How many of us are using the 800mhz kernel?
    mine did tooo. got new battery from ebay. worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Not me! When it suddenly drops to 0%, if I don't get it plugged in pretty quick it shuts down totally, and sometimes has to be plugged in for 5-10 minutes before the big battery/lightning icon and then can take as long as another 15 minutes before it totally restarts.
    Yep had the same behavior. Whenever it would hit 0% from 30%, it would soon die (a few minutes) or if I take one more pic, it's done. Shuts off and leaves me with the plug icon. Lol

The new A-stock battery is working like a charm. My old battery was definitely the issue. It was just its time. Lol

FYI: I do have the % patch for my battery but not overclocking on my Pre.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    it could be me but after the update, that when it start acting up
    My has the same "30 to 0" problem - only noticed it since the most recent OS update. I do run the 800Mhz kernel, but don't think it makes a difference.

My Pre is only 6 months' old, so I certainly hope it's NOT the battery - that makes for a pretty expensive phone if I've got to replace it every 6 months!!

Anyone working on this out there? Should we be putting in support requests to Palm?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast