Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    my battery goes from 9%-to phone shutting off within 30 sec

i have no apps running in the background/gps turne off manual email chech and led notifications turned off
    Ditto.

(Plenty of patches, but no overclocking)
    My pre drops from 18% to 0%. It started a few weeks ago.

I have 64 patches, but no overclocking patch.
    Any time a battery in a phone or computer or anything that monitors battery percentage drops down instantly from a certain percentage to zero (or some other low percentage without incrementally getting there like the battery did from a full charge), the battery is losing its capacity and needs to be replaced. I have 4 different batteries for my Pre, 3 from the Centro I had, and all of them are a little different in the way they discharge. One of them does jump down to zero from 10% without warning. But the new battery that came with the phone will tell you every percent on its way to being depleted.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    noticed the same thing, which started a couple of weeks ago. once the battery gets below 20% it drops to 0% almost instantly
    Exact same thing for me...started a couple of weeks ago... what could it be? (No battery % patch, but oc'ed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guesswho 101 View Post
    Exact same thing for me...started a couple of weeks ago... what could it be? (No battery % patch, but oc'ed)
    Please refer to post #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Planning on getting a Mugen 1400 anyhow. Hope that improves things.
    Been using the Mugen 1400 battery now for over 6 months, great battery
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how many of us, who have the 30% to 0% problem have patches?

How many of us are using the 800mhz kernel?
    Have patches, do not overclock.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I have about 40 patches and 800 mhz. My batteries don't do that.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Add me to the list. 20% down to 0% instantly. Haven't left it to see how long it will last though. Patches & overclocking. Had the phone for three months. Maybe no more overclocking for me if the battery is going to crap out this quickly.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Okay, so I just recently un installed a bunch of software and the problem went away.

Hmmmm.

I dumped way too many to know which program it might have been. And I'm not going back and installing them one by one. But maybe it's a software problem and not a battery problem. I don't know for a fact, I'm just saying.
    Last night this happened to me and I was able to get a picture of what the battery monitor graph looked like.

I apologize for the quality of the image, it was taken on my friends Iphone which I find ironic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    My battery drops from 30% instantly. Then it shuts off about 30 seconds later. I got on chat with palm support and told them it was dropping unusually quickly and then 30 to 0 and they are sending me a new battery free of charge. It should be here in a few hours.
    And as far as kernel goes, i used uberkernel for a while, but i seemed to have abnormal battery drops with it even just at screenstate 500 and 720.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I've got the same problem... from 20% to 0% in a matter of seconds, usually triggered by taking a picture or opening the browser. Add to the list of problems with this ****ty phone.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    i had the same problem with my old battery, it would drop from 30 to 0 instantly but it wouldnt give me the 'phone with shut off soon' until 2 hrs after it hit 0.

new battery doesnt do that at all
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    It's happened too me quite a few times but it is not consistent when it does it. I've had it drop at 10%, 18%, 20%, 30% and once at 40%. I've never waited to see if shut down when it happened. I always just put it on the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My battery is doing the same thing randomly, sometimes it does it at 30%, sometimes at 10% or less. It might have started when I installed the percent-patch (still installed), I donīt remember... The only thing bad about it, I canīt see how long itīs gonna last, because there still is 30% (or whatever) power in it.
    The little top off here and there is not good on a battery...

Same thing will happen to notebook battery's. Spot Charging is what they call it i always run my battery's down all most all the way before charging and mine work just as good as the day I got the phone.

I do the same for my notebook battery as well...

Most notebook battery's will fail after 18 months because of "spot charging" my last notebook a Dell E1505 4 years old now has its original battery and it still will last 3 hours on a charge...

Some times you can recover from this if it has not been going on for too long you need to run the battery all the way down and charge it up then run it down and charge it up... DO this for a while and you should notice its getting more normal drain rate after 30%
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    The little top off here and there is not good on a battery...

Same thing will happen to notebook battery's. Spot Charging is what they call it i always run my battery's down all most all the way before charging and mine work just as good as the day I got the phone.

I do the same for my notebook battery as well...

Most notebook battery's will fail after 18 months because of "spot charging" my last notebook a Dell E1505 4 years old now has its original battery and it still will last 3 hours on a charge...

Some times you can recover from this if it has not been going on for too long you need to run the battery all the way down and charge it up then run it down and charge it up... DO this for a while and you should notice its getting more normal drain rate after 30%
    Actually, Li-Ion likes to be kept topped off. Read this article here for an explanation on battery charging. Here is the chart. Read the 4th from the top and the second column. Here is the link
    Last edited by comiken205; 06/16/2010 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgso View Post
    Last night this happened to me and I was able to get a picture of what the battery monitor graph looked like.

I apologize for the quality of the image, it was taken on my friends Iphone which I find ironic.
    You realize that you can take screenshots with your phone?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12