1.    #1  
    Has anyone had their Pre overclocked for an extended period of time? I'm just wondering what the reliability impact of a long term 33% overclock would be. Anyone have any clues?

Thanks!
    From what I've read here, the OC mods are extremely reliable
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambictus View Post
    Has anyone had their Pre overclocked for an extended period of time? I'm just wondering what the reliability impact of a long term 33% overclock would be. Anyone have any clues?

Thanks!
    I've been OC'd since the earlier .sh kernel mods. No issues caused by OC at all. I run static 800 MHz all the time.
    no issues at all!!!
    Most have been running their Pre's at 800 for quite some time with no ill effects. Now that UberKernal and Govnah are available with multiple choices of speed settings (ie: automatically running at 500 when screen is off, and 800 when screen is on) it's an even better experience. Personally, I'm not worried about any issues as the devs have gone through a lot to create these great items!
    This will sound stoopid, What exactly is OverClocking? I mean I know it has to do with speed, but can someone please put it regular English?
    Quote Originally Posted by tacvwdriver View Post
    This will sound stoopid, What exactly is OverClocking? I mean I know it has to do with speed, but can someone please put it regular English?
    Sure. It makes everything faster.
    That's it?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    "Overclocking is the process of running a computer component at a higher clock rate (more clock cycles per second) than it was designed for or was specified by the manufacturer..."

Overclocking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by tacvwdriver View Post
    The CPU is designed (perhaps RATED would be a better term) to run at a certain max speed (say 600 Mhz)

Overclocking means forcing it to run faster (say 800 Mhz
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    "Overclocking is the process of running a computer component at a higher clock rate (more clock cycles per second) than it was designed for or was specified by the manufacturer..."

[url= - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]
    Yea, this is a more thorough explanation then mine...
    Think of it as a way to make your device work and respond faster. As mentioned above, the Pre comes with the ability to run at a clock speed of 600Mhz, but is tuned to 500Mhz out of the box. It's a good speed, but can feel 'laggy' when opening apps or scrolling. By increasing this clock speed to 800Mhz (for example), the device responds faster, doesn't lag, and is quicker to open applications. Its simply a great way to make your device faster!
    im on 800mhz. its realiable but causes heat problems when i start using pandora or gps intensively. I installed heat warning patch but i still let it run. for the first time today, it restarted.
    Quote Originally Posted by friedchicken View Post
    im on 800mhz. its realiable but causes heat problems when i start using pandora or gps intensively. I installed heat warning patch but i still let it run. for the first time today, it restarted.
    If you run into heat issues, keeping the keyboard slider open helps keep the device cooler. It isn't a solution, just a helpful way to dissipate heat.
    I've run the 800 script for some time now. Have not gone to the newer setup yet and love every moment of it. In fact my wife's Pre runs the same.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I was an alpha tester for the original .sh files for overclocking, so I have been overclocking for a couple of months now. Aside from heat issues with certain governor settings with the UberKernel, I have not had any problems. I have found that my particular chipset prefers running at a steady 800 for best performance, battery life and CPU/battery heat. YMMV.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Question to all....

Has anyone ever posted the set speeds that seem to run best for the Uber / Govnah settings... Im just a bit confused as to what seems good.
    Pastor Rich you say 800 mhz, is this full on min & max setting? so is yours best on hyper drive?
    I would really like this cleared up in a thread instead of bouncing around.

Anyone have advice?
    I use Performance set to 800 for both min and max. This is what works best for my phone, but it may not work best for yours or anyone else's.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    performance set at 800 min and max works best for mine. Gets a little warm if I'm hammering on the data and charging at the same time. Never over 47c tho. Regular use it stays around 32c. Idle it runs about 25c
    Another reliable govenor setting is Screenstate, with Max set at 800Mhz and Min at 500Mhz. This govenor runs your Pre at the max with the screen on and the normal 500Mhz when the screen is off.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation