Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I have a pre and my sis has a iphone... we did a test to see how our you tube apps compared. hers loaded way faster, but the pres was alot clearer and more fluid when it was playing, of course i have to pause it and let it load for bout 3 -5 minuted before hitting play... Any way to increase the speed of youtube uploads??
    You mean downloads right?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    are you using the unthrottle download manager patch?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  4.    #4  
    yes downloads... im sorry.
  5.    #5  
    no what is the unthrottle download manager patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerNamedfTony07 View Post
    no what is the unthrottle download manager patch?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...d-manager.html

it is available in preware...

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...d-manager.html

It kills the artificial download limit on the 3G connection. That said there is some discussion about if it really is needed any longer on not. Give the thread a read and decide if it's right for you.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  8.    #8  
    safe to use?
    Yes

It's pointless to have that patch with 1.4's update now.
    I have the patch and it's still slow...why?
  12.    #12  
    Anyone downloaded this patch and tried watching a you tube video after?? Any findings to report? Not that i won't download it yet, just to get a better idea. kinda sucks being in the car with friends and it takes 20 minutes to show em a video due to load time. i do have the download you tube videos patch, but i dont wanna store em on the main hard drive of the phone.. any way to change that?
    What is your 3G coverage like? I have had pretty good success with this patch, it is not blazing fast, but once it buffers it does not shutter or lag.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerNamedfTony07 View Post
    So I have a pre and my sis has a iphone... we did a test to see how our you tube apps compared. hers loaded way faster, but the pres was alot clearer and more fluid when it was playing, of course i have to pause it and let it load for bout 3 -5 minuted before hitting play... Any way to increase the speed of youtube uploads??
    You should check out Youtube Mini from the app catalog. It gives you the same category functionality that the site offers. You still view videos in the default app though.

And to second what you said, my son watched a video from youtube on my Pre last night and said it was much more clear than his iphone.
  15.    #15  
    In New Orleans, coverage is decant. I have 800 mhz patch and i tweaked the evdo a bit.... just the video will start and i will find myself staring at the blue line at least wanting it to download faster...
  16.    #16  
    also thank ya'' for yalls great help... this forum rocks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You should check out Youtube Mini from the app catalog. It gives you the same category functionality that the site offers. You still view videos in the default app though.

And to second what you said, my son watched a video from youtube on my Pre last night and said it was much more clear than his iphone.
    Is that an overseas app? I don't see in my US catalog...
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Web feed, http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...jmprod.youtube

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    No, it showed up Saturday morning and I bought it but it wouldn't install. Then when the catalog was back up it was gone. So I checked the WebOS roundup and sent an SMS to myself to get access to the download. It kept track of my purchase and all was good.

Here is the link to the Palm developer page for it.

EDIT... Butters beat me to it.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 05/19/2010 at 05:45 PM.
    Here's a GREAT thread on speeding up your connection. It works great for YouTube viewing also as it allows the device a faster EVDO connection.

Cinnabarcorp put together a great step-by-step guide for speeding things up:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast