1.    #1  
    The old one had a manufacture date of May 2009, this one is September and SO MUCH BETTER. I don't know what the hell was wrong with the first one but this one works as it should. My thing is though, since I had that dreaded USB malfunction that kills the touchscreen, would a Touchstone be the answer? How much do you use the USB port if you use the Touchstone for charging...
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    The old one had a manufacture date of May 2009, this one is September and SO MUCH BETTER. I don't know what the hell was wrong with the first one but this one works as it should. My thing is though, since I had that dreaded USB malfunction that kills the touchscreen, would a Touchstone be the answer? How much do you use the USB port if you use the Touchstone for charging...
    Since I got my touchstone, I've only used the usb to install using Wosqi and to transfer music to my phone. I've probably only used it a handful of times. With a touchstone, you wouldn't have to use it every night to charge your phone. Definitely worth the investment...
    Yes... using a TouchStone is sooo much better for your device - and now that you can pick one up for around $20, it makes it that much sweeter of a deal! I had the dreaded USB crack on my last one and I think it came from using the USB port a lot for charging at the office. Now that I have a TS at home and work, I only use the port for QuickInstall stuff like transferring movies/wallpapers, and boot screens.

Definitely one of the best purchases I made for the device was the TS.

IMO grab a TS for the PRE PDQ from the WEB, BBY, or RS and avoid USB OMG ***!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/19/2010 at 04:13 PM.
    just make sure you use palm branded chargers. I fried two before I realized it was the charger I was using.

use palm adapters only...

and yes, the touchstone rocks. On sale at best buy right now for $20
  5.    #5  
    Thanks all!