View Poll Results: When in landscape, is your USB port on top or bottom?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • USB on top

41 85.42%
  • USB on bottom

3 6.25%
  • I never pay attention, but I like voting in polls.

4 8.33%
  1.    #1  
    When you turn your phone for landscape use, which way do you turn it? Is the USB port on the top or the bottom?

For me, USB is on the top. Some people have told me that they turn it so the USB port is on the bottom, so if they are charging the phone the cable is less in their way.
    Top. Very rarely use the charging cable; TS FTW.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    top, that way I can use my right thumb in the gesture area for pageup/pagedown scrolling.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    For most people it should be on top.
    Usually on hardware keyboarded phones, the KB is on the left, I think.

Edit: I actually turn it both ways depending on what I do.
    Top for me.

(Looks like we're starting to run out of ideas for threads, lol.)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    top, that way I can use my right thumb in the gesture area for pageup/pagedown scrolling.
    That may explain why my girlfriend turns the phone with the USB port down.... she is a southpaw so scrolling would be easier that way.
    I go both ways!!!
    Usually top for me, but at least one game I have installed actually has it flipped (Super KO Boxing 2 I think).
    Always on top for me (right handed)

Yes, Super KO Boxing has it reversed so for me playing that game feels strange..
    I'm right handed and when I use my Pre in landscape, the USB port is on the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    That may explain why my girlfriend turns the phone with the USB port down.... she is a southpaw so scrolling would be easier that way.
    I am left-handed, too. But I turn it with the USB port up. I'm not sure why.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Im am very sure that Palm, when designing the Pre / Pixi, they def. took into consideration of the way people hold these phones in Landscape...and having the charging cable sticking out of the bottom... It hinders holding the device cleanly...

Great thinking ahead....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Top yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Im am very sure that Palm, when designing the Pre / Pixi, they def. took into consideration of the way people hold these phones in Landscape...and having the charging cable sticking out of the bottom... It hinders holding the device cleanly...

Great thinking ahead....
    Actually, "great thinking ahead" would've included an OSK to type with while we're holding it like that, no?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    USB on top... I like the gesture area on the right side...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Actually, "great thinking ahead" would've included an OSK to type with while we're holding it like that, no?
    Hey I'm not saying that having a Native software keyboard wouldn't be a nice option... but most people holding the phone that way is surfing the Web... or playing a game, etc that only requires "touch control" ... so Yea... I'm sticking with great thinking ahead with the design...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El