1.    #1  
    Is there a way i can sync my Pre with my computer so i can retrieve documents from my computer?

I have remoteWin and Ampache Mobile. Ampache perfectly streams music and videos from my computer on the go, which remoteWin just helps me turn my computer off from work or log myself out, but i'm yet to find an app that lets me retrieve my word documents and so on from my Pre through my Pre.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ZumoDrive
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzl View Post
    ZumoDrive
    Thanks for your input, but i said retrieve. Zumodrive, you'll have to actually out the file in the zumodrive folder. I want to know how i can remotely access my computer and get all the msword docs in it.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I don't have ZumoDrive but I'm sure there's some way to setup a scheduled copy to the cloud. If you're looking for a one stop solution I'm afraid you wont find it. Streaming music isn't the same as streaming an image or document.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Actually, with ZumoDrive, you can add other folders. I can't do that since I'd go over the free storage limit (16GB on my documents). But I think once you add the folder in the zumo drive, it will update.

Edit: Yup, just tried it. I added a "linked folder", saved a file to that folder, and it showed up on my Pre. I think that's pretty close to what you would need, no?
    Last edited by Neitzl; 05/19/2010 at 02:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    try orb. It's a free piece of software you install on your pc that lets you share anything, including music and video

orb will let you add a folder to watch, and then you can log into orb from your phone and you can access your documents.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    You can retrieve the file as well. It'll let you save the file locally on the Pre.
    Last edited by Neitzl; 05/19/2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: for clarity
    I use both ZumoDrive and Orb.

ZumoDrive lets you sync files/folders to the cloud. If you change (add/delete) anything from the folders that are being watched - it will be changed in the cloud too. Great thing is that your computer doesn't have to be ON for you to have access to the files.

Orb lets you access pretty much any folder/file on your computer and storage devices, but your computer has to be on in order to use the service.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzl View Post
    Actually, with ZumoDrive, you can add other folders. I can't do that since I'd go over the free storage limit (16GB on my documents). But I think once you add the folder in the zumo drive, it will update.

Edit: Yup, just tried it. I added a "linked folder", saved a file to that folder, and it showed up on my Pre. I think that's pretty close to what you would need, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    try orb. It's a free piece of software you install on your pc that lets you share anything, including music and video

orb will let you add a folder to watch, and then you can log into orb from your phone and you can access your documents.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I use both ZumoDrive and Orb.

ZumoDrive lets you sync files/folders to the cloud. If you change (add/delete) anything from the folders that are being watched - it will be changed in the cloud too. Great thing is that your computer doesn't have to be ON for you to have access to the files.

Orb lets you access pretty much any folder/file on your computer and storage devices, but your computer has to be on in order to use the service.
    Whaoo...it slipped my mind that ZumoDrive has the "link Folder" feature. Thanks guys!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Yup... As everyone knows I'm in love with Zumodrive... & I reallly love syncing of my Doc & Music folder... Esp that you can save whatever file you want to your Pre's drive... Or upload as well ...
    One very cool thing that some people might not know of is sharing folders with other people... & that doesn't take away from their Drive space...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El