1.    #1  
    Non tech person here. I have been reading about how to keep the phone from draining the battery in flipping between 1x and 3G in signal weak areas. Can someone kindly explain to me the options that I am seeing:?
    -Hybrid Rev A
    -EVDO only
    -Hybrid Rev 0
    -EVDO REv 0 only
    -1xRTT only
    I am totally confused. Thanks!
    CDMA2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Evolution-Data Optimized - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These should get you some good explanations.

Think what some people are talking about is that if the radio constantly switch between EV-DO and 1x, it's a battery drain, and trying to lock to one mode.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I would recommend you leave those settings alone. Changing those settings will cut off incoming/outgoing calls. Those settings really don't need any explanation. Try using wifi if your not picking up strong signal.
    If you leave it in EV-DO it won't. Only 1x will.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    Non tech person here.... Can someone kindly explain to me the options that I am seeing:?... I am totally confused. Thanks!
    I generally view those as good indicators to STOP, DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING, SLOWLY BACK AWAY FROM THE DEVICE.

Buy yourself some spare batteries, a spare battery charging case and a touchstone for everywhere you stop for more than a couple of hours.
    Definitely not something for a "non tech" person to mess with. Yeah, just leave the settings default. I don't think the jumping between 1x and 3g will use that much juice. Make sure you update your prl on a monthly or so basis. If it's Verizon, *228 option 2.
    1x shouldn't cut off calls, it should cut off data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    1x shouldn't cut off calls, it should cut off data.
    1x will block incoming calls if data is actively transmitting. EVDO will allow a call to come through (stopping data).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    thanks for clarifying that
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I generally view those as good indicators to STOP, DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING, SLOWLY BACK AWAY FROM THE DEVICE.

Buy yourself some spare batteries, a spare battery charging case and a touchstone for everywhere you stop for more than a couple of hours.
    I agree, buying an extra battery and charger will be "cheaper" than having to spend three hours on the phone with Sprint tech support trying to explain to them what you have done, and having to have them try to reverse it only to find out you have to doctor the device and spend another couple of hours getting fixed up from that.

Of course, if you're retired, and have nothing better to occupy your time than by messing with these settings on your Pre while you sit in a lawn chair watching a bobber on your fishing line, then more power to ya!!! Go for it!! (However, if you are retired and like nothing better than using your Pre for GPF for the golf course, revert back to my original statement above ).