Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Though my left edge isn't flush, I only notice it sometimes. My battery door was creaking but I fixed it myself. I am enjoying the phone as is and couldn't ask for more besides better battery life.
    My left edge isn't flush either (I swore it was when I got it out of the box on Sunday but maybe not)..must remind myself not to futz with it for fear of increasing slight wiggle...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    12 hours in and my phone has been flawless!
    I only have two problems, power button and battery issues. I think power button will fell off within a week or two. My battery constantly charging even after 100% and only lasted half a day of stand by (as in leave it on a table with 4 push email account, screen off and I don't use it). Oh well.
    Why is there only one review of the AT&T Pre Plus over at Amazon.com?
    Mine had the wiggle when you tapped it to. Just returned it for another. It has no wiggle it all, and the sides are flush.
    going to swap mine out and see if another is any better...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have had my palm pre plus on at&t now for a week and I don't have any of the issues that you all have mentioned. My slider feels tight and it has no twist or wiggle. Same goes for the spacebar and the battery door. I don't know if I just ended up with a good one or if those problems are actually normal. A slider mechanism needs a little bit of give to it otherwise it won't slide at all! I would exchange it if it gets extreme oreo but I think any slider loosens witj nromal usage to a certain extent. If you take good care of your phone than I think most of what happens to it will be normal and expected.
    got an exchange yesterday and this one has been much better so far (fingers crossed)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    got an exchange yesterday and this one has been much better so far (fingers crossed)
    Just don't pick at it... that can only make it worse...
    By the way, there is still only one review on Amazon.com for the Palm Pre Plus from AT&T...

Can you AT&T owners please pop over and write a glowing review? In fact, it is open to reviews for non-owners so everyone should pop over and write a review...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by brabusny View Post
    I only have two problems, power button and battery issues. I think power button will fell off within a week or two. My battery constantly charging even after 100% and only lasted half a day of stand by (as in leave it on a table with 4 push email account, screen off and I don't use it). Oh well.
    Battery life will improve as 3 things happen:

1. The battery gets exercise (don't let it run down all the way), After a few cycles it will improve some.

2. As the newness of the phone wears of, you won't play with it constantly and pound the radios that are such a draw on the battery. Hopefully it happens on your own so those you care about don't have to take the phone away from you.

3. Check out the threads that offer tips on battery life improvement, like reducing the frequency of checking for mail, having the wifi radio sleep when the screen is off, etc etc.

This is a good thread to start with:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...life-tips.html
    Strange issue with my first device. I opened the slider when it was 7 days old and it sounded like something was loose or scratching. So I close it and open it a few times and there is an incredibly tiny screw on the keyboard. I open and close the slider a few more times and it seems fine and I am thinking the screw might have just been in my pocket from something else. The phone seems fine so I figure I will leave well enough alone. That night I decide to pop of the battery cover and pull the battery and just watch the slider go back and forth and while I am doing this another screw identical to the first one is suddenly rolling around. Now I know it is not a random screw and worse I feel the device is going to fall apart. I look closely and now it looks like there is a bigger gap between the two halves. By the way the screws are not any of the very visible ones that hold phone together as those are torx screws and black and the ones that fell out are phillips and silver.

So I took it back and got a new one with no problems.

I was worried about taking it back because I am worried I might get a dud but this one is great and working well.

Anyone else have this issue?
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I have had mine for 10 days of extensive use, approx 5 hrs per day non stop time. It has been flawless hardware. Great phone. Did pick the one with least oreo before buying.
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I've been trying to get mine exchanged but the store has been out of them for the last week now. It's not that they're selling like hotcakes, they're just not getting any new units in at all. This is ridiculous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    The only issues i have are the space bar doesnt feel like a button. Just feels like a nub i rub my thumb against and it enters a space. And i have those protruding edges you werent talking about but it doesnt bother me enough to take it back
    Well it grew on me. i took my phone back. Said i wasnt happy with the build quality, the gladly let me try the three in the back. Found the best of the three and its now with me at home
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    The saga begins again. sprint/verizon/att. will it ever ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    My ATT Pre is wonderful. My build quality so far is very good. I got 3 other touchstones one by bed, on in office, and one for car and one for work. I don't think I've ever had a nicer phone (I've had a lot).
    It's head and shoulders above any other I've owned.
    Everything about it is so elegant. The GUI, the gestures, the gesture area. Whoever/whatever team came up with this phone must be geniuses.
    I think the only two phones that I can say even come close are my N958G (back in the day) and the N900 (sent it back couldn't live w/o 3G). My first iPhone was kinda nice but since I had a touch it was like, hey, they added a phone to the iPod touch.
    The only drawback is no Skype and pay-for navi. Oh yeah, the LCD on all night drives me crazy. I'm thinking I'll charge before bed and just let it sit overnight, that way I can at least control the time the LCD is "BURNIN!". haha.
    If/when you are ready to begin using Homebrew, there is an app called Brightness Unlinked. One of the settings in this app allows you to turn off the screen while on the touchstone. I am addicted to BU because I prefer my room as dark as possible at night, and the "clock" screen was driving me crazy.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Well my wife just dropped her new Pre, slipped out of her coat pocket and dropped 3 feet to a hard linoleum floor. I cringed when I saw that. I picked it up, and not a scratch and still works great.
    If it's not frozen, don't try and thaw it.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    If/when you are ready to begin using Homebrew, there is an app called Brightness Unlinked. One of the settings in this app allows you to turn off the screen while on the touchstone. I am addicted to BU because I prefer my room as dark as possible at night, and the "clock" screen was driving me crazy.
    FREAKING AWESOME..... I didn't even know my keys lit up till you came along. Max keys lite all the way. Just like my Treo now.

Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast