Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    800 across the board works best on my phone, both for battery life and heat issues. YMMV.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot...
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
  2. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I've been using screenstate 500->800 and it's been pretty good
    For those that are using the Uber and Govnah patch, Why does it not stay in the same settings that I chose when selected and closed?

Am I missing a step after selecting and hitting apply setting?

How can I get it to stay put and not wake up to a different governor setting style?

I really loved the Super Kernel for this feature alone and found no reason to leave except that is was no longer being maintained and nor updated to OS1.4.1.1

Appreciate a solution or some incite on what to do next.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I did and do exactly the same things (including Alpha Testing the original .sh files). The only time I have serious heat issues is when I'm streaming while on the TS and even then it's never gone above 48C. The leaving the slider open while on TS thing is what saves me time and again.
    Streaming pandora, using GPS nav, and trapster, while plugged into the USB charger in my car, my temps reached 51C at 500 Mhz with no scaling.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    Streaming pandora, using GPS nav, and trapster, while plugged into the USB charger in my car, my temps reached 51C at 500 Mhz with no scaling.

My car mounted TS is on a universal GPS vent mount, so my AC blows on it and it doesn't get above 30 with the slider open and A/C on, no matter what I am running.
    im using screenstate 500->800

it doesn't show that it's running 500mhz when i turn the screen off. does yours?
    Same here. 800 all the time with screenstate. It seemed to work fine for a while and then got stuck on 800. Conservative works fine though.
    i cant find the instructions on how to install the kernel. i dont want to use govnah... anyone have a link for the other way?
    Quote Originally Posted by shuda View Post
    i cant find the instructions on how to install the kernel. i dont want to use govnah... anyone have a link for the other way?
    The "other" way is not a kernel that is currently supported and doesn't contain the proper code for WebOS 1.4.1.1 or 1.4.2 for AT&T.

If you don't want to use Govnah you can use CPU Scaler Ultimate.
    Thanks pastorrich. Some questions/comments though:

1. I am on Sprint
    2. I am on 1.4.1.1
    3. Where do I get CPU Scaler Ultimate from?
    Quote Originally Posted by shuda View Post
    Thanks pastorrich. Some questions/comments though:

1. I am on Sprint
    2. I am on 1.4.1.1
    3. Where do I get CPU Scaler Ultimate from?
    Good on 1 and 2. The only Kernels that I am aware of that incorporate the 1.4.1.1 code is the UberKernel and any alpha/beta kernel that Unixpsycho may be working on. (use the search feature to find his posts that will direct you to those kernels).

3. HERE if he is still supporting it.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    +1 performance govnah 800 min and max. Awesome battery life and no heating problems.. I think its easier on the cpu to not cycle all the time
    totally rite bro ma pre + can take the 800mhz with no problems at all yeyyy
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    I have the govnah/uber on my sprint pre, working just fine. Better than the 800Mhz Super Kernel I had before, which works like a charm by the way, no complaints there either. But I didn't like the CPU scaler, so this one with screenstate settings is a perfect mix of the best of two worlds...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12