Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi everyone! Have a question. My pam pre does not sync with itunes anymore. Before I used it and everything was fine, now as soon as I hit Media Sync Button with itunes on, my phone switches to Charging Battery Mode in 3-5 sec and Itunes does not see the phone. Maybe I could use some other program to put music on my palm? Thank you
    I use media player and double twist. You can also use media monkey
    you can also plug the phone in and use USB mode, and drag and drop your music files. The system will automatically show the audio files in your music app.
    you can also plug the phone in and use USB mode, make a music file put all the music in it on desktop and drag and drop your music file. The system will automatically show the audio files in your music app.
    [FONT="Garamond"]Dam1 J1sFONT]
    If you just drag and drop, you will get album art in your photos. If you sync with a media sync (I like double-twist), you won't get the album art problem.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    you can also plug the phone in and use USB mode, and drag and drop your music files. The system will automatically show the audio files in your music app.
    thanks! But do I have to create any spesific folder in usb mode? Or just drag & drop music files into ringtones folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    thanks! But do I have to create any spesific folder in usb mode? Or just drag & drop music files into ringtones folder?
    If you like using iTunes as I do...

Create a playlist in iTunes like normal, then go connect your Pre to your computer in USB mode. Create a folder called Music in /media/internal/. Then in iTunes, select all the songs in the playlist and drag and drop them to the Music folder on the Pre.

The music app or music remix app will find all your music.

You get everything including artwork that way, and are still able to use iTunes to organize your music and playlists.
    i really prefer the USB drag and drop.... i don't have any playlists or whatever, .5tb of highly organized mp3s. drag and drop keeps all the tags and art intact. i just copy all the stuff (each album is in it's own sub-folder) i want into a "music to pre" folder on my desktop, then just cut and paste the folders into /music. it seems to take a little longer, but compared synch i'd rather have my art. music player remix also has "flylists" that allow playlisting on the go...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    i really prefer the USB drag and drop.... i don't have any playlists or whatever, .5tb of highly organized mp3s. drag and drop keeps all the tags and art intact. i just copy all the stuff (each album is in it's own sub-folder) i want into a "music to pre" folder on my desktop, then just cut and paste the folders into /music. it seems to take a little longer, but compared synch i'd rather have my art. music player remix also has "flylists" that allow playlisting on the go...
    I sync with MediaMonkey and all my art is totally in place. If you embed your art in the mp3 files, art is never a problem...if you have as a separate image in the folder, then I guess you'll have to drag and drop.

I drag and drop for little quick things, but I have playlists, so I like to keep things synced up and changing tag info is easiest with a sync program, imo. MediaMonkey does a great job.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I'm still using itunes 9.0.1 to sync with my Pre. Still works great for my mp3's (along with artwork & tags) and movies. If you updated itunes, you will no longer be able to sync with your Pre.

If memory serves, I believe 9.0.1 is the last version of itunes that can sync with your Pre.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    If you just drag and drop, you will get album art in your photos. If you sync with a media sync (I like double-twist), you won't get the album art problem.
    I just d/l double-twist. Very nice and works great. Thanks for your help.

Stephen
    use itunes 8.2 ... thats the last one that works perfectly with the pre

i was trying to put the link on here but it's not letting me so just google it

but rmr to uninstall your current itunes first!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by htrap90 View Post
    use itunes 8.2 ... thats the last one that works perfectly with the pre

i was trying to put the link on here but it's not letting me so just google it

but rmr to uninstall your current itunes first!
    THANK YOU! I think that exactly was the problem! Bcs before I used probably old version of itunesand lateri updated it and sync messed up! Thank you guys for quick replies!
    Also... give other media players a shot too. Songbird, MediaMonkey, and DoubleTwist are fantastic alternatives to iTunes and generally offer a better experience too. You can run and try any/all of these alternatives at the same time you have iTunes and see if there is one that stands out as a better fit for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Also... give other media players a shot too. Songbird, MediaMonkey, and DoubleTwist are fantastic alternatives to iTunes and generally offer a better experience too. You can run and try any/all of these alternatives at the same time you have iTunes and see if there is one that stands out as a better fit for you.
    To that, i will give a big recommendation to MediaMonkey.
    I just don't get it. Why is it so hard to get ringtones on my palm pre? Heck if I can go online with my phone why would I have to go online on my pc and then download it to my phone? All I want is krs1's sound of da police or other songs and copy it and place it in my music files on my phone.
    and since I am ranting...there has to be a way to raise the volume...i can bearly hear my phone. And how can you make the battery last longer?
    aww man.. Earthquakes I tell you. Earthquakes.
    I use a free app called iTunes Agent. I have about 20 gig of music but have a playlist of about 900 songs that take up about 8 gig, so I use iTunes agent, once it's set up then you select the playlist in iTunes through the app and then sync, it took about 1.5 hours but I got all 900 of the songs onto my Pre.
    Oh yeah, I don't get album art because of how iTunes organizes the folders but I really don't care.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    This points out indirectly that another nice thing about doubleTwist is that it uses the Amazon MP3 store, which you also have access to from your Pre. So you don't need yet another account to purchase songs. In my experience (on Macs), using doubleTwist is as easy as using iTunes. If you haven't looked at doubleTwist in a while, I recommend getting a fresh version, as there have been some significant updates in the last few months.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast