Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    If you have a Mac media monkey won't work without running a windows emulator which is a pain in the rear. Double twist is great though.
    I tried to dl twister and my pre said cannot play file (.dmg?)
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    you can also plug the phone in and use USB mode, and drag and drop your music files. The system will automatically show the audio files in your music app.

however, all your hidden album art will show up as individual photo albums..very annoying -.-
    Does it matter what folder you transfer the mp3's to using the drag and drop?
    I have a lot of MP3s on my phone I'm using as ringtones but under the music app it says I have no music?

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    you can also plug the phone in and use USB mode, and drag and drop your music files. The system will automatically show the audio files in your music app.
    That's what I do, works like a charm.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVTech View Post
    Does it matter what folder you transfer the mp3's to using the drag and drop?
    I have a lot of MP3s on my phone I'm using as ringtones but under the music app it says I have no music?
    Well, if you have them under ringtones folder, they won't show up. I have a folder called music I keep mine in, but they'll also pick up ones in AmazonMP3, the main USB folder, downloads, etc. The ringtones folder is just special.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, if you have them under ringtones folder, they won't show up. I have a folder called music I keep mine in, but they'll also pick up ones in AmazonMP3, the main USB folder, downloads, etc. The ringtones folder is just special.
    Aha! OK thanks new folder created.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    i have a MAC and the easiest way is to just drag and drop.
    Having spent a fruitless hour trying to create then synch a playlist in iTunes with my Pre Plus, I gave up (later found that iTunes doesn't "see" the Pre any longer) and moved a number of mp3 files into "music". Onliest problem: the Pre doesn't recognize the album art (BFD), and doesn't recognize the name of the tune nor the artist. Worse still, there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the entry to get the tune name & artist to show. Wise thoughts? Hot tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by grankin View Post
    Having spent a fruitless hour trying to create then synch a playlist in iTunes with my Pre Plus, I gave up (later found that iTunes doesn't "see" the Pre any longer) and moved a number of mp3 files into "music". Onliest problem: the Pre doesn't recognize the album art (BFD), and doesn't recognize the name of the tune nor the artist. Worse still, there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the entry to get the tune name & artist to show. Wise thoughts? Hot tips?
    This is odd. I use iTunes to build my playlists then select all the songs in the list and drag and drop them to the music folder on my Pre and everything comes over with it, artwork, titles, artist etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    This is odd. I use iTunes to build my playlists then select all the songs in the list and drag and drop them to the music folder on my Pre and everything comes over with it, artwork, titles, artist etc.
    Maybe I outsmarted myself by selecting individual tunes, converting them from AAC to mp3, renaming, then dragging & dropping into the Pre. Will re-do using your method, as I've created a playlist when I thought that iTunes 'knew' the Pre, and will report back.
    Bingo! Worked! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by grankin View Post
    Bingo! Worked! Thank you!
    You are welcome! And welcome to the forums.

Make sure that you click the "Thanks" button when someone gives you good advice or if you stumble across something that helps/teaches you, even if you didn't ask the question. It lends some credibility to the advice they give to others and lets everyone on the forums know you are appreciative as well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12