Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Looks like the Pixi Plus and Pre Plus are coming to O2 on the 28th May. Good News!!!

Check out the Palm UK website

palm.com/uk/en/
    Lets just hope that o2 make the slightest bit of effort in selling it. Because they did an awful job of seeling the pre. I also hope that the sales assistants get training on the device because I have never been in an o2 shop where sombody has been good with the device.
    I believe it's cheaper from O2 Germany, and even cheaper from reseller Handy Schotte in Germany. But both require that you ship to a German address.

That's what I did...I live in southeast Asia, and just had Handy Schotte ship to a friend in Germany.
    i take it they wont all be giving us a free upgrade to the plus lol.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_haystacks View Post
    i take it they wont all be giving us a free upgrade to the plus lol.
    What makes you say that? The pricing is similar. I believe you're entitled to a free upgrade after the first 9 or 12 months (can't quite remember which) of a 2 year contract.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    What makes you say that? The pricing is similar. I believe you're entitled to a free upgrade after the first 9 or 12 months (can't quite remember which) of a 2 year contract.

thats what i thought but after speaking with o2 it seems that this isnt the case for pre owners which is why they are giving us a 2 year warranty. I still need to check my contract as i certainly wasnt told this at the time and ill be damned if im gonna be stuck with one phone for 2 years, particularly a phone which is still in beta imo
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    thats what i thought but after speaking with o2 it seems that this isnt the case for pre owners which is why they are giving us a 2 year warranty. I still need to check my contract as i certainly wasnt told this at the time and ill be damned if im gonna be stuck with one phone for 2 years, particularly a phone which is still in beta imo
    o2 have told me that with a 2 year contract you can only upgrade 1 month before your contract ends unless you spend 50 a month on your contract, even then it is only 3 months early.

The only way to get round it is to pay up your remaining contract which will be very expensive and then get a new pre plus with a new contract.

Basically its pants
    This will be the same scenario as to when the Pre released. O2 will NOT sell you the phone simfree, but their partner stores will. When the pre was released, you were able to go to the Phones4u stores and buy it simfree. These will still be locked on o2 though. Also, now the Pre is available at carphonewarehouse too. So will just have to wait until the release date to see which partners have the phone, and which will sell simfree. Personally think the pixi plus should have been available as a payg option - would have sold a bundle!!!!
    Totally agree about the pixi plus, with the 02 pricing it seems they dont want these phones to sell well.

Thanks for the heads up about Carphonewarehouse, did not realise they were selling simfree. Even if its locked to o2, at least I can hopefully buy the pre plus if they are selling them and put my existing sim into the new phone.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I'm not sure that either Phones4U or Carphone Warehouse officially sold the Pre handset-only. A few individuals might have persuaded the sales staff to part with them, but the CPW website doesn't sell the Pre without a contract. See here.
    Palm Pre - Handset only - The Carphone Warehouse
    well i am going to go into an o2 store today and ask the question assuming they know the pre plus is launching at all. Fingers crossed they might do a deal.
    02 will not budge from 1 month it's "policy".
    however i know phones4u or carphone warehouse,
    will buy out your contract just to get a sale!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wardie View Post
    well i am going to go into an o2 store today and ask the question assuming they know the pre plus is launching at all. Fingers crossed they might do a deal.
    They know nothing. I went into my local O2 store asking for a second TS. They told me the Pixi was coming soon so they won't be doing any more Pre accessories as the Pixi doesn't fit on the TS. Idiots!
    Got my Plus this afternoon.
    Nice multi-tasking

All OK, but I think I need to speak to Palm as Need For Speed, Sims and Monopoly freebies didn't come through when I signed in my profile.

Most other apps and my one paid app came through though.
    did you have a palm pre before and got an upgrade to the pre plus? Or did you get a new contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Nice multi-tasking

All OK, but I think I need to speak to Palm as Need For Speed, Sims and Monopoly freebies didn't come through when I signed in my profile.

I was thinking about trying to upgrade to a Pre+, would be good to know if any is/has done so!?

If you have did you have to buy out your contract, or did they let you upgrade, or is there a phone only price? etc etc. I got a new 2yr contract when the Pre first came out in the uk so my buy out would be a little to big I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Nice multi-tasking

Congrats on the purchase!! How much is the UK Pre Plus outright? and it's locked to O2 yeah?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I must say, it's a poor show from o2 regarding the launch. No sign of the pixi or pre plus on their website, still showing the original pre, with the iPhone getting all the headlines.
    You cant actually buy a Pre Plus or a Pixi on Launch day online. Only in the stores; Good work O2. I've had it, and still not even a smell of a nav system.

I'm off to the n900, it's been a blast.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast