Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    will they sell it without contract?
    nope, contract only and its well overpriced, especially the pixi. I went to my local O2 store today and they were actually quite knowledgeable on the pre plus and the pixi plus but they didn't have a pre plus on display (presumably because they'd sold out... ;D) but they did have a pixi and a little 'Palm' area in the shop.

Shockingly they actually managed to argue a guy who wanted to buy an iphone over to a pre plus which I was amazed about considering O2 loves the iphone so much but maybe that store is just full of hardcore Palm fans. (Tbh it wasnt much of an argument as the only thing that's better about the iphone is "it has more apps" lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    I was thinking about trying to upgrade to a Pre+, would be good to know if any is/has done so!?

If you have did you have to buy out your contract, or did they let you upgrade, or is there a phone only price? etc etc. I got a new 2yr contract when the Pre first came out in the uk so my buy out would be a little to big I think.
    Unfortunately they won't let you relinquish your old o2 contract unless you give them money

Cheapest deal was to get an additional new contract 18 months at 20quid per month plus 99 for handset.
    I added an extra 10 per month for unlimited internet access.
    I will use this sim in a MiFi to provide internet access for the iPad.
    Will use the 100 mins and texts for those odd situations where you don't need/want the recipients to call/text you back
    Quote Originally Posted by wardie View Post
    did you have a palm pre before and got an upgrade to the pre plus? Or did you get a new contract?
    Yes had a Palm Pre (still have )before.

Had to get new contract
    Luckily got an iPad I can use it with. Now where's that SIM cutter?

Price-wise the Palm Pre plus is 80 quid cheaper than a 16GB 3GS.
    Which I guess is OK, but of course it all depends on how much you worship Apple

The mobile hotspot app seems to be missing in our o2 Palm Pre Plus

I will try to use the mytether hack instead.
    Last edited by Cyril; 05/28/2010 at 05:20 PM.
    played with it in an o2 store today..the guy tried to sell it to me but then i showed him my pre and was like...yeah im in a 18 month contract. TBH I wouldnt say it would be worth selling my pre to get a pre plus or anything like that. or canceling my contract to get a new one...its not that much of an upgrade and not worth the extra costs. Much rather wait for the next palm phone...hopefully it comes out here soonish after it comes out in america...
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Unfortunately they won't let you relinquish your old o2 contract unless you give them money

Cheapest deal was to get an additional new contract 18 months at 20quid per month plus 99 for handset.
    I added an extra 10 per month for unlimited internet access.
    I will use this sim in a MiFi to provide internet access for the iPad.
    Will use the 100 mins and texts for those odd situations where you don't need/want the recipients to call/text you back
    Every 12 months O2 let you make a cost price purchase of a phone. So you can buy a Pre Plus for 305 and a Pixi Plus for 220 and remain in the same contract, hoping that will be ready for an upgrade when the next Palm phone is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mohsen View Post
    will they sell it without contract?
    I think the cheapest o2 deal is 18 months at 20 per month plus 99 (makes 459 total).

So in theory you could give them 459 upfront and 18 months advance notice for cancellation of your contract.

This would in effect be 10 quid more than a 16gb 3GS PAYG, but with no 12 months unlimited internet, but with 100 mins a month for 18 months.

If you can wait, carphonewarehouse might give you a much better deal in 6 months time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    Every 12 months O2 let you make a cost price purchase of a phone. So you can buy a Pre Plus for 305 and a Pixi Plus for 220 and remain in the same contract, hoping that will be ready for an upgrade when the next Palm phone is out.
    Sadly by that time for my original o2 contract (October) I'm sure I could get an unlocked Pre Plus for less on ebay.

I couldn't wait! Darn! Definitely an expensive 4 months
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Sadly by that time for my original o2 contract (October) I'm sure I could get an unlocked Pre Plus for less on ebay.

I couldn't wait! Darn! Definitely an expensive 4 months
    I don't think you have to wait twelve months, (you can only do it once every twelve months) I didn't I only moved to O2 last October for the Pre, ordered a Pixi and Pre Plus (one on each line) today.
    I don't think you have to wait twelve months, (you can only do it once every twelve months) I didn't I only moved to O2 last October for the Pre, ordered a Pixi and Pre Plus (one on each line) today.
    If that's the case I guess I will see if they will cancel my new contract and let me pay the difference.

Neither o2 customer services on 202 or the o2 shop sales staff gave me that option
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    If that's the case I guess I will see if they will cancel my new contract and let me pay the difference.

Neither o2 customer services on 202 or the o2 shop sales staff gave me that option
    Speak to retentions they sorted it for me, I guess they don't advertise it as they make more money on people renewing. Hopefully they will sort you out.
    Yes had a Palm Pre (still have )before.

Had to get new contract
    Luckily got an iPad I can use it with. Now where's that SIM cutter?

Price-wise the Palm Pre plus is 80 quid cheaper than a 16GB 3GS.
    Which I guess is OK, but of course it all depends on how much you worship Apple

Did the Palm Pre plus come with any different software to the current Pre?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Hmm its showing as a feature on the the Palm UK page Palm UK - Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses for both the Pixi and Pre Plus disappointing
    Hmm its showing as a feature on the the Palm UK page Palm UK - Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses for both the Pixi and Pre Plus disappointing
    Mytether did not work, but freetetherd and the home brew mobile hotspot hacks work.

it's great!

Drains battery quick though
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12