1.    #1  
    Hey guys and gals,

I have no reception whatsoever, where I live. It's a pain, but since I have an awesome wireless connection throughout the house, I am still able to use my Pre for all sorts of other things. However, I read that the Pre's constant attempts to find a signal causes the battery to drain even quicker than it already does. Now I am wondering if there is a way to turn off the phone part of the Pre and only leave it connected to wifi? I understand that Airplane mode turns of everything, including the wireless? Is that correct or am I mistaken? And if it does, is there a way to circumvent that?

Thanks for your help. :-)
    I believe you are correct about the airplane mode, as for turning off the phone radio... You can do it, not sure what the best way to do it. If you have preware on your phone you can get "mega menu mix" or something along those lines which allows you to turn off the phones radio.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Simple:
    Turn on airplane mode.
    Then turn on WiFi.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the advice you two. I'll try Freshyz's first and if that doesn't work, I'll give that mega menu mix a go! :-)
    Freshyz is correct

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Turn wireless services off (airplane mode)

I always thought airplane mode was supposta turn off all radios. I guess I was wrong.

Thanks freshyz

I will still recommend preware :P and the mega menu mix is still pretty cool, gives you more control plus you get the led on button which makes the phone work as a flashlight and is very easy to turn on instead of loading an app
  6.    #6  
    Thanks heaps for looking that up, Banger! :-D
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    No prob.
    No need to patch just for that reason but patching is what this phone is all about.
    In this scenario I use 'Battery Saver' app to turn on Airplane Mode at midnight so I'm not bothered by anyone but then turn WiFi back on for browsing, Pandora or sending an email if need be.
    This always works but it must be done in the order I listed.
    Enjoy!
    Good luck and enjoy your phone, remember precentral will always be here so dont be a stranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    No prob.
    No need to patch just for that reason but patching is what this phone is all about.
    In this scenario I use 'Battery Saver' app to turn on Airplane Mode at midnight so I'm not bothered by anyone but then turn WiFi back on for browsing, Pandora or sending an email if need be.
    This always works but it must be done in the order I listed.
    Enjoy!
    Have you tried mode switcher it has a time trigger and lets you set it up to run apps could save you a couple of steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Have you tried mode switcher it has a time trigger and lets you set it up to run apps could save you a couple of steps.
    Hmmm does it allow you to launch certian apps when the phone restarts or does a luna restart? if so I will grab it.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I just got my comp fixed from being down for a month and want to get into Mode Switcher.
    I don't totally understand how that works but I see there is a looong thread about it.
    Definitely my next tweaking adventure for sure.

EDIT
    duh I just noticed it's avail through PW. I thought it was avail via QI only.
    Stoked!
    Last edited by Freshyz; 05/19/2010 at 06:02 AM.