Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hi i was wondering if anyone is having messaging issue with their pre. What mines does is when i try to type a long or 2 or more part text, it won't send but i'll get a text with a caution sign saying that i can't send a text due to network issuses, even though i have clear reception. And it has to options to dismiss or to try to send the text again. But no matter what i pick it still sends the second part of the text 3 or more times...the record has been 8. And i've called sprint and palm and they just try to reset it even though that clearly doesn't work, i've even spent a month in the sprint store with the techs and nothing's worked. I ended up getting another pre and its doing the same exact thing but now i'm starting to wonder if its preware and patches. Does anyone have a suggestion please.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronni85 View Post
    Hi i was wondering if anyone is having messaging issue with their pre. What mines does is when i try to type a long or 2 or more part text, it won't send but i'll get a text with a caution sign saying that i can't send a text due to network issuses, even though i have clear reception. And it has to options to dismiss or to try to send the text again. But no matter what i pick it still sends the second part of the text 3 or more times...the record has been 8. And i've called sprint and palm and they just try to reset it even though that clearly doesn't work, i've even spent a month in the sprint store with the techs and nothing's worked. I ended up getting another pre and its doing the same exact thing but now i'm starting to wonder if its preware and patches. Does anyone have a suggestion please.
    These issues are rarely related to Preware or even patches for that matter. But to be sure, just remove any IM Plugins and messaging patches you have installed and see if it works bare bones.

Of course if you still see it, then the next step would be to Dr. the phone and then try it with no messaging patches or IM plug ins.