Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    So my unlocked (unbranded) Treo 680 did the continuous Hotsync reset thing on a road trip spring break and I needed a replacement quick. I went ahead and got an AT&T Centro through AT&T as my upgrade.

Fast-forward to today...

I really want a Pre Plus. Bad. But I don't have the $399 for the phone without the contract. I don't mind having the contract, but I can't wait to be eligible for my next upgrade on November 18, 2010.

Is there anyway AT&T, home of rollover minutes, can rollover the 5 months on my contract to a new one so I can get the Pre Plus early?

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.
    Palm m105 --> Sony CLIÉ NX60 --> Palm Trēo 680 (GSM) --> Palm Centro (AT&T) --> Palm Trēo 680 (GSM) --> Palm Prē Plus (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    You can do an early upgrade by paying a fee, but your next upgrade date will be 2 years from the day you upgrade.
    Add another line, drop everything or as low as you can from current phone (voice, data, sms) and put it all on your pre.
    Your monthly bill will obviously be higher but i can imagine it being to high.
    My friend did that with T-mobile to get the behold when it came out, he was paying 5 or 10 bucks extra a month i cant remember it wasnt high though.
    I had a similar issue when my Treo 700 died a few years ago. I upgraded to the 755p. A month later the launched the Centro. They let me just buy the centro at the upgrade price since I obviously would have waited. That was VZ, and they did the right thing.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    What is the upgrade price in your account listed at?

I know Sprint does $50 trade-ins, does AT&T?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    You can do an early upgrade by paying a fee, but your next upgrade date will be 2 years from the day you upgrade.
    How much is the fee? It's not that "$18 upgrade fee" is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    What is the upgrade price in your account listed at?

I know Sprint does $50 trade-ins, does AT&T?
    $399.
    Palm m105 --> Sony CLIÉ NX60 --> Palm Trēo 680 (GSM) --> Palm Centro (AT&T) --> Palm Trēo 680 (GSM) --> Palm Prē Plus (AT&T)
    I was quoted a fee a few months ago of around $70 for early upgrade. However, when I got my Pre today, the guy just said I was due in a few months anyway, so he just waived it. Maybe you'll get lucky? Doesn't hurt to ask either. If they think they might lose the sale, they may do it for you.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybroni View Post
    I was quoted a fee a few months ago of around $70 for early upgrade. However, when I got my Pre today, the guy just said I was due in a few months anyway, so he just waived it. Maybe you'll get lucky? Doesn't hurt to ask either. If they think they might lose the sale, they may do it for you.
    I don't mean to berate you with questions, but...

1.) Was it an AT&T store or just an authorized dealer
    2.) What are you paying monthly
    3.) Exactly how many months away were you from your "official" upgrade?

Feel free to PM me.
    Yes it was an official ATT store.

Payment is kind of hard to decipher. It is a shared family account, with my mom as primary. Its around $50 per month nationwide roaming. My line is an additional $9.99, plus I have an unlimited text + data plan for PDA's (which I had before the Pre), which is about $49 extra. She also gets a corporate discount, so the prices are not the full retail prices.

I really don't know when my contract was going to be up specifically, just knew it was toward the end of the year, around October or November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybroni View Post
    Yes it was an official ATT store.

Payment is kind of hard to decipher. It is a shared family account, with my mom as primary. Its around $50 per month nationwide roaming. My line is an additional $9.99, plus I have an unlimited text + data plan for PDA's (which I had before the Pre), which is about $49 extra. She also gets a corporate discount, so the prices are not the full retail prices.

I really don't know when my contract was going to be up specifically, just knew it was toward the end of the year, around October or November.
    well, another option is upgrading your mom's line and using your sim in it.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.