Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know it's probably happened to just about everybody here, myself included. You try to wipe some smudge or dust off the Pre's screen and you accidentally swipe away a card.

I think there needs to be a way to retrieve a 'thrown away' card, in case it was something very important.
    I would suggest that you should be able to set a timer for a card to stay available somewhere in the phone after it's thrown away.
    Then it could automatically be flushed from the phone after that preset time.
    This would be kind of like a Windows recycle bin, but you wouldn't have to empty it manually.

Can someone get right on that please?
    Why not just turn the screen off before wiping stuff off it?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Garth! That was a haiku!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    This was going to be my suggestion, as that's what I do as well.
    Turn the screen off first... Wooganowski.
  6.    #6  
    Uh, yes, turning the screen off first is a GREAT idea... if i actually remember to do that.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 05/18/2010 at 04:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Uh, yes, turning the screen off first is a GREAT idea... if i actually remember to do that.
    Train yourself to swipe up, wipe left to right (please - no additional "connotations" to that...) At least then, no "throw away cards"...
    I always though a lock feature while the cards are in their most minimized state would be cool. Maybe a ap and hold then a image of a lock would appear only when in that view though. Not sure if I'm explaining this very well.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Train yourself to swipe up, wipe left to right (please - no additional "connotations" to that...) At least then, no "throw away cards"...
    I'm REALLY trying to let that one go........
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'm REALLY trying to let that one go........
    After you let it go, be sure to wash your hands.

That's important when swiping and wiping.

On the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    After you let it go, be sure to wash your hands.

That's important when swiping and wiping.

On the Pre.
    Doh!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    or turn off the screen first?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    +1
    If you can remember to shut it off, can you remember to wipe down? wipe left? or wipe right?
  15.    #15  
    Ok ok, enough with the swiping and wiping jokes (even though it's my fault for mentioning it in the first place) (now i'm just griping).

Let's try n' get this back on track please .

Thanks.

(See? I'm practicing my moderator "skills".)
    should be practicing your screen turning off skills, eh? I suppose we should also get an un-send message button to un-send a message?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I'm confused. Do you swipe or wipe first?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    after you put your finger on the screen, work the slider, and it will disregard all input to the screen until you let up (or touch it with a different finger)

you dont even have to completely open or close it, you can simply start to open it just a tiny amount, and let it go back, and the same effect will happen.

this is a feature so when you open or close the slider , you don't accidentally touch things on the screen.
    I think the best way for this to "solve" this would allowing the "proximity sensor" that turns off the screen when you put your face up to the screen, it also works if you put your hand up to it as well. It could get annoying to make it so it works with out making the users made if you can adjust how sensitive it is. Like for the face sensor when I try to type in a pin or whatever some times the screen turns off because i have to much skin near the screen.

To be honest a recovery card thing might be nice. Sometimes I accidentally throw things off that I do not mean to do so.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast